Odyssey Dry Cell Battery

freddie

I am thinking about installing an Odyssey Dry Cell Battery in my ST165 but I don't know which size to buy.

At the same time I am intending to relocate the battery as I want to install an air box where to battery normally would go. but I do not want to relocate the battery to the trunk.

Some where I got some info on a Odyssey PC680P battery (L=181.5 W=76.3 H=67.8) (CCA=170 Ah=16 Reserve=24 Hot C=520). Some one on this forum has used this battery.

Is this battery big enough (power wise) for every day street use or should I be looking for something bigger in power? I would appreciate your advise

Cheers
Freddo

FC Zach

I use the PC680 for everyday use and it works well. On cold days around 30 and below it is a little weak and could use a jump but for the most part it does well. Also, I have mine mounted in the trunk. I used 00 gauge wire from a local welding supply store and ordered a circuit breaker off the internet.

600936_599972073357609_31271105_n.jpg

FC Zach

Started fine today in "feels like 19° (according to my weather channel app)". Hope this helps.

I recently picked up a full size battery for the oem location. I'm not a fan of cluttering up the trunk but I would recommend a pc1200 for trunk mounted battries if you have the room. I do like straight intakes tho. I will do a compareson between my intake and no intake next time on the dyno.

A pc680 is great if you don't have a large stereo and drive it often enough to charge it up or keep it a maintainer when possible.

After installing a new battery I noticed my engine speed was more consistent and my cold starting issues went away. After market ecus need more voltage And my ecu would not respond under 10.2 volts.

FC Zach

Yeah, I used 6mm riv-nuts. The base of the mount has countersunk holes for flush screws.

underscore

I can't compare your specs to my Deka battery at the moment but it's quite small and does just fine, I do notice that it will run down if the car is left for more than 1.5 weeks and it will need a jump, but I also ran it completely dead once so that may have damaged it slightly.

freddie

What is a Deka Battery like?

I don't wan't to relocate the battery to the rear trunk (in Australia we call it the boot LOL) and I am definitely going to put an air box
where the battery is currently located. (it is half made already)

So some thing like the size of Odyssey 680 I can find space under the front hood. Like next to my planned air box.

Freddo

freddie

I checked out Deka Batteries. I can get them here in Australia.

The Deka battery with similar specs to the Odyssey is about $100.00 cheaper.

I think I will go with the Deka ETX 18L (I haven't worked out yet what "L" stands for) it's dimensions are L206xW91xH163 power is CCA 300 Ah 20.
Just a bit more power. It is a bit bigger but it will fit nicely next to the main fuse box (next to my air box) under the hood.

Thanks Underscore for your help.

Cheers
Freddo

Merry Christmas to every one.