Wind noise st185 !!! Grrr...

Matty-st185

Ok as the topic says

I have the most annoying problem
When I go over 50mph or on a windy day
I get this over powering wind noise as if the window is an
Inch open but it's not ! The seal is good it happens on both sides
1. I was thinking all st185s are like this ?
2. Is it the gap between the wing mirror ?

It's driving me mad!! Lol
Any ideas ?

quieter

maybe the seal looks good but its not ''gummy'' enough to seal the windows. i have the same problem with my car.

unfortunately i had to learn the hard way at the automated car wash LOL

theres a special product to renew the rubber seals

lumbercis

I believe there's a write up somewhere on the boards about how to tighten up your windows also. If you close the door with the windows cracked, do you get a clanging/rattling from the windows? That might be an indication they're loose and could do with some tightening.

Also consider that the sound may not be coming from the seals/windows at all. Check things like underbody plastics or anything else that might be sticking out into the windstream.

Good luck!

Matty-st185

Hmm...

It's defo coming from between the mirror area and up to the
Top of the windscreen area ... There's no leak I can't feel air getting in
Windows are tight ... Just a really annoying wind noise
Rubbers are ok too :-/ I'm baffled

I get the same noise. To me it sounds like wind going through that little opening in between the top and bottom of the mirror. I dont know though.

pero

My ST185 is ridiculously free of wind noise.
Coincidentally, on any other car I've ever owned (about 30 of 'em), my head/hair gets buffetted by wind when the driver's window is down. On my AllTrac, even with the window all the way down, I get almost no wind buffet at all. Oddly, that's one of my favorite features of this car because I've never experienced it on any other car and my 'do still looks awesome when I get out of the car after a high-speed drive. :)

MWP

Matty-st185":3u5j4mc4 said:
It's defo coming from between the mirror area and up to the top of the windscreen area

Yup, me too.
It turns into a gurgling sound if the area gets wet :twisted:
Seals on mine look ok too.

i have the same problem with my st184. seems like the noise is coming from the same area. this seems to have started after i installed my jdm mirrors. same as everyone, i have no leak in the area when washing the car or can i feel wind coming from that area.