Aftermarket wastegate for stock ct26?

Gordon12

Hi guys I was wondering if they make an aftermarket wastegate for a stock ct26? My engine is out of a 88-89 Alltrac. I bought a stock wastegate but was sold the wrong. Might as well just get a good one now.

Gordon12

MWP":2t7vdtr6 said:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Kinugawa-Adjustable-Turbo-Actuator-TOYOTA-3S-GTE-GT4-ST165-CT26-/291044224835 ??

Says its for a ST165.
Curious. I didn't do the swap on my car. But I was told my turbo is out of a supra. Would that make a difference?

MWP

Quite possibly, yes.

Im not too familiar with gen1's or the ct26's used on Supra's though.
Someone else here should know more...

I know that when i put a supra ct26 on my 88 st165, i had to majorly change the stock actuator bracket to fit the supra one.

Gordon12

vukawich":uskfmsys said:
I know that when i put a supra ct26 on my 88 st165, i had to majorly change the stock actuator bracket to fit the supra one.
Yeah that's what my motor is out of. 88 alltrac. Did your wastegate look like mine in picture? Currently installed is the one on left. The one with less of a curve.

CSAlltrac

Forge makes a nice unit that utilizes the stock mounting arm. It requires you to remove the stock diaphragm, which is a bit of a pain in the ass to do cleanly, but it can be done.

MWP

The Kinugawa actuators are screwed to the back of the supplied bracket.

You could remove the stock actuator from its bracket, then bolt the Kinugawa actuator onto it.

Gordon12

CSAlltrac":2zhnxqum said:
Forge makes a nice unit that utilizes the stock mounting arm. It requires you to remove the stock diaphragm, which is a bit of a pain in the ass to do cleanly, but it can be done.
If you have to use your old than what are you really buying? Just the bracket? Because my old wastegate is toast bad diaphragm believed.

CSAlltrac

Gordon12":112nbid3 said:
CSAlltrac":112nbid3 said:
If you have to use your old than what are you really buying? Just the bracket? Because my old wastegate is toast bad diaphragm believed.
You have to use the stock mounting hardware is what I'm saying. It replaces the diaphragm only, not the bracket.
http://www.forgemotorsport.com/content. ... ct=FMACGT4

Gordon12

MWP":1yi2vphf said:
The Kinugawa actuators are screwed to the back of the supplied bracket.

You could remove the stock actuator from its bracket, then bolt the Kinugawa actuator onto it.
Oh that I did not know.

Gordon12

CSAlltrac":13sq4sk9 said:
Gordon12":13sq4sk9 said:
CSAlltrac":13sq4sk9 said:
You have to use the stock mounting hardware is what I'm saying. It replaces the diaphragm only, not the bracket.
http://www.forgemotorsport.com/content. ... ct=FMACGT4
Oh ok I see. Is this a bolt to original bracket as well? After removing my old one from the bracket of course.