st185 oil failure/bearings video

lordvampire

Hi,

I am new to celica st185 world. Second time my engine is blown in short time.
its basically second time, engine bearings failure... repair was done really properly. Cranc was done -0,5, Measured tolerance, 0,029mm and crank turned freely etc, all by the book.
I didnt have time yet to put oil pressure sensor and oil temp sensor to engine. Is there some oilpump failure/issues that could be known to 3sgte? Is this driving too rough for 3sgte? ... oil temp? pressure? Motor temperature was according to gage fine. Is the rpm too high? What would be most likely cause bearing failure second time driving as shown?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxplrKCdPjk&feature=youtube_gdata

Fox 21 Alpha

I just rebuilt my engine and had it make it 50 miles before loosing oil pressure when its warm. My bearings are grinded up pretty decent. Was a full tear down and rebuild and refresh done pretty properly and a reputable machine shop doing the machine work. Only thing we can come up with was the bearings lost their prelube before the engine was able to get started. That is, if during your first crank, the engine doesn't fire and start and run within under minute then lube on the bearings will run out and it will grind them, causing problems shortly there after.

I don't think that driving could be nearly too rough, assuming everything was in good condition and you had full oil. If your oil level was low you could maybe suck air on a turn, but I'd think you notice. Maybe get a pan with a sump if your that worried about it, but nothing wrong that I can see...

what I like to do when I build my motors is spin the oil pump with oil in it. this is pre-installing the timing belt. I would hook up my cordless drill with a 12mm socket and rotate in clockwise as fast as it can go. this will lube up all bearings as well as the cam journals.

Make sure to get the oil cooler nice and clean too it has a tendency to hold metal shavings, also get the rods checked for out--of-roundness the main side will spread when unbolted.

lordvampire

Second time second rod bearing. And rod is also wasted (oval). Rod was replaced the other time. So again second rod+bearing. I dont know, maybe there was somewhere some metal shavings left. It was cleaned, but, dont come up with no other reason. Why second and same way?

010574811726afd.jpg

0105748119e2527.jpg

Oh well... engine out ... here we go again. lets try again, and with all cautions :)

lordvampire

Is it possible, that cylinders are not in round? Previous owner has changed pistons(new standard), maybe with heat piston seizes and cause the failure. I dont see why would conrod go bad other way. ?