st205 into st185 swap faq/ and parts compatibility

soarer.jzz30

Has anyone addressed fact that there is a temp switch sensor in the 185 water neck that is not present in the 205 and is an inline switch for the a/c condensor fan.

Well... I got all the wires going to the chassis labeled just by looking at the fuse box lid. I have a Chilton that has full wiring diagrams for the chassis and ecu so now I just have to read my book and connect those wires to the right ones on the fuse box. Pretty simple really. I went a little crazy and removed and unwrapped the entire front chassis harness and I am going to do a wire tuck and removing all the wiring for the ABS and AC systems leaves very few wires to figure out. This allows you to remove both of those relay boxes on the passenger side near the abs/ugly nasty dust grease collector brick. I think about the only thing I have to figure out on the engine harness is I think I need to scavenge the entire wiring for the cruise control and put it into the 205 harness... I do want to get that working as well. I am getting to the point with the wiring I am starting to memorize it and the wiring diagrams are making so much more sense to me! lol I am all self taught so don't laugh.

fhalperformance

Anyone have a picture of the map sensor & where its located on the harness from the st205. I seem to have misplaced mine or just cant see it anymore because it dropped down somewhere.

soarer.jzz30

It's located to the right side of the strut bar just off center underneath it closer to the firewall. Should have a purple and silver sticker, three wires : red, brown, blue/red. Being, pim e2, and volt +5 that also ties to the tps

fhalperformance

The only sensor I have thats purple and silver is left of the intake manifold passenger side and says turbo press or sensor on it. Red, brown, grey-black. Only wires I have disconnected are 2 pin plugs x2. I don't know where my ac idle up is could it be with that sharing a bracket?

phattyduck

fhalperformance":3ovolq20 said:
The only sensor I have thats purple and silver is left of the intake manifold passenger side and says turbo press or sensor on it. Red, brown, grey-black. Only wires I have disconnected are 2 pin plugs x2. I don't know where my ac idle up is could it be with that sharing a bracket?
That's the MAP sensor.

MAP sensor is up on the firewall, near the wiper motor. AC idle-up is near where the igniter/coil mounts, just towards the middle of the car.

null_zps5426988d.jpg

-Charlie

soarer.jzz30

My a/c idle up is right next to the wire harness inlet into the interior. Same place as yours up there but the 185 wiper motor is on the drivers side. It should have two vacuum lines off it running the firewall

fhalperformance

got a picture of the connector for the A/C idle up? Is it a two pin black plug? That's the only connector I have unaccounted for at this point.

fhalperformance

Would like connector identification of these:

picture 1: 3 plugs near ECU plugs

picture 2: 2 pin plug near coil/evap solenoid plug

picture 3: white connector "inside car" on engine harness

soarer.jzz30

Do you have a pic with the wires on the other side as well
The first set of three are the ecu plugs. If the white plug has lots of brown wires and two exposed ones that lead to the knock sensor and the dizzy shielding its the main ground junction

Second is your intercooler level sensor plug. I agree the third is the grounding terminal. This is was better than the way the 185 harness is done! So many nice surprises and improvements on everything 205!!

fhalperformance

The first picture of 3 plugs are next two the ones for the ecu. 3 for the ecu, one for the really then those 3 pictured. I imagine they go to connectors for the dash harness off the st205 now that I think about it.

Thanks for the help guys. I got a million things to do on this car could use a second opinion on this stuff.