New to forums Need some advice

avperformance

Hey all!
Let me first off let me intraduce myself..... My Name is Tim, I own a 89 Toyota Supra Turbo with 1 of 500 Turbo A Motors ever made. I own a small shop and love working on Toyota Supras. My good Friend Just got a 90 alltrac ST185. The body is perfect, it needs a water pump, CV axels, and a good tune up.

It has a problem boosting at all.....It just boggs when you try to give it any throttle. It is throwing a code but I havent checked it yet. I belive it is the Knock sensor or the o2. but it Idels very good and runs fine until you go to try and boost. Where can i get the codes for this car? Is there a TSRM like there is for the Supra?

I am a Parts dealer, but I am having problems finding parts for the AllTrac, Is 935 any good about customer service? do they ship right away? give me the good and the bad about them.

Also do any of you know the fatory Ct26 trim on the turbo, and what upgrades are you doing to the turbo if any, For instance I have a 62-1 Trim with no clip on my Supra. I had the Turbo done at PT. Do any of you do this to the CT on the Alltrac, If so what are the trim/clip upgrade that you all did.

Also, you guys seem to have the same HG prob as the MKIII Supra......What do you all re-torque yours at?

Sorry for the long post. But I want to learn as much as I can about this car, As quick as possible.

Thanks guys!!!

RedCelicaTRD

It sounds like the knock sensor thats making it bog. If your friend wants to make power he needs to stay away from the ct-26 since they dont make much power on the all tracs.

avperformance

Cool....Whats a good upgrade to use?
I am going to check with Larry at sound performance to see If he can come up with something, Would you be interested in a group buy if I could get some #'s for you all. I think he would need to sell 5 for the GB He has bolt ons for the MKIII Supra so I think he could hook us up. But I need to know what you guys are useing now so I know where to start.

RedCelicaTRD

The ST165 owners might be interested in a group buy since they use the same turbo. The ST185 uses a twin entry setup on the exhaust side and also has a different downpipe bolt pattern.

RedCelicaTRD

And most people either use a CT-20b, a Greddy TD-06 or a T3/T4 hybrid bolted to the stock manifold with an adaptor plate (except the CT-20b which bolts right up).

avperformance

The ST185 uses a twin entry setup on the exhaust side and also has a different downpipe bolt pattern.

I saw this on the intercooler....Can someone explaine this twin Entry business. Sorry to sound like a Newb.....But the owner of the car keep asking me too.....I dont wanna give him bad info.

I am making almost 400 to the wheels with my CT on the Supra...... But I am upgrading very soon.

I am going to take the 185 to Larry at SP in a week or so to see what he can do for a turbo for me. I will keep you all updated.

Gary

It's twin-entry on turbo exhaust housing.
It helps untilize exhaust gas energy by allowing exhaust gas pulsations to be optimized. Good for low end torque.

CT26 twin-entry (ST185 and MR2T)
a4_12_s.JPG

CT26 single-entry (ST165, Supra MKIII)
6c_1.JPG

avperformance

Thanks Gary!!! Makes all kinds of sence now.

Before the Mods say anything about me mentioning somthing about group buys I will get them approved by the owners of this site.

Thanks guys for all your info.....I still could use a retorque # I did read that the stock was 35 foot pounds!!! that seems kind of low.....The supra was 58, and with the MGH I took them down to 80ft lbs.

alltracman78

RedCelicaTRD":285jy0zb said:
Noone retorques their heads. You simply put in a HKS MHG and use some ARP studs after the gasket blows.

Yeah, I'll second that. I'm a little antsy about guessing on a torque on a aluminum head. :?