Post up your wheels.

glob.jpg

CMS-GT4

Here is a quick one, just cause I had PS open and was doing some stuff in it anyhow.
Had you not gone through the trouble of getting another car in the same angle I might not had. ;)

Attachments

• file-1.jpg
    file-1.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 3,799

ALLensTRAC

CMS-GT4":2ax8mmka said:
Here is a quick one, just cause I had PS open and was doing some stuff in it anyhow.
Had you not gone through the trouble of getting another car in the same angle I might not had. ;)

Don't lie you know you did it cuz I said "pretty please" lol!!! Thank you for doing that. I think they look amazing!!! Now to figure out if I can pull the front fenders enough to fit the +27 without stretching tires ugh. I really want to run 285/30 with 14" brakes. We'll see I guess. Thanks again Josh!!!

CMS-GT4

Running a tire that wide might require you to remove the fender liners. Gtfour77 ran the widest tires I know of on these. I think he was able to fit 275 40 17 by removing the liner. My 255 fills the wells quite a bit and I still slight graze a part of the liner which I need to adjust again.

ALLensTRAC

CMS-GT4":2adqcle1 said:
Running a tire that wide might require you to remove the fender liners. Gtfour77 ran the widest tires I know of on these. I think he was able to fit 275 40 17 by removing the liner. My 255 fills the wells quite a bit and I still slight graze a part of the liner which I need to adjust again.

When it comes to the liners I plan to make custom ones using late model Lexus IS,ES,LS fabric liners as they conform much better than solid plastic ones. These won't mount to the lip of the fender though as they will only cover the door hinge area and then enough of a channel under the fender to cover the new tucked harnesses. I am worried about the wheel being out too far to cover it safely with the fender. My +35 was right at the lip although I had almost zero camber dialed in.

Hey here's a thought I had, could I slot the fender mounting holes slightly to pull the entire assembly out by 1mm maybe? This would require metal work at the seam near the hood for alignment but it would increase clearance1mm before the pulling begins. Didn't Martin cut the fender edge to fit the 275 or was that the 315? There was also that white 185 that Hideki posted with the fenders and hood spaced. It was running 265/35 but that is way too tall for me. I really like the height of the 285/30 it's just the width that's going to cause problems.

CMS-GT4

I am curious about this fender fabric. Can you buy just the material and cut it? I had seen race cars with cf liners. I thought about making something out of fiberglass. I knew an autoxer who used quick roof to make his. Its essentially strong plastic with adhesive on one side.

ALLensTRAC

I'm not entirely sure if it's available in bulk. I have to replace one on a customers ES this afternoon so I will take pictures and post them so you can see it. I think using a larger cars liner trimmed and then heated to fit would be best. This would discourage low spots and sagging. The LS460 would be best but I don't know how much they cost.

ALLensTRAC

That looks like a good solution too! Definitely better for rally abuse! In the thread he talks about making under panels in that material as well. Thanks a lot now my ADHD brains on another tangent!!!

Lamont

94 MR2 Turbo":1l9mb13y said:
My new wheels some might think there a bit large.

I think these fit the car great. I was leaning toward 17x9 until I saw these with the big brakes it makes it IMO, but I'm sure Toyota had a recall on those dog alarms damn things didn't work with the stock key fob :rofl:

ALLensTRAC

94 MR2 Turbo":tz763lqv said:
GT4_DRED":tz763lqv said:
94 MR2 Turbo":tz763lqv said:
My new wheels some might think there a bit large.
So what size is the setup?

18x9.5 staggered offsets
245/35/18 rolled front and rear to fit.

What offsets did you end up using? Looks really nice!!!

Edit: did you get the headlamp covers from that eBay.uk seller? I've been looking for a set of those.