My 90 alltrac project ( being parted out )

underscore

celigts":2wramxc1 said:
Washed the car and cut the bumper since it was falling into pieces anyways. Should be ok for fmic. But it'll be better once I get the cs bumper. SOON! This summer underscore. This summer ill order it!

Haha sounds good man, that cooler would look awesome behind a CS bumper.

celigts

I believe it will :) love how it goes back to the inlet side. Or vise versa.

Ordered my helicoil kit. M10x1.25 is the size for the exhaust manifold studs right?

celigts

Fml. Found more rust. The previous owner when they relocated the battery did a HORRIBLE job. They sprayed some rubbery foam and slapped MDF over it then screwed the battery box to that. Since I made my new bracket and today moved it half ass just to have it moved I found more rust. Great... This is more then a project I think. It's a restoration without a finish in sight. :/

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367888205.423271.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1367888242.317699.jpg

celigts

Update

So cars parked and sold the seats already. Needed money and had plans to part with them anyways for solid back seats. Cleaned up a bit, removed the stock lumbar seat wiring, cleaned up the surface rust from the rocker hole.

Anyone wanna help me with things to tackle this besides the obvious of cutting the rust out and welding a repair on.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368663736.544983.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1368663765.731443.jpg

MWP

If it were my car, i would be looking for a new shell :cry:

When sill rust is that bad you need to consider chassis strength.
The way it is, in a front on or side crash it'll crumple quite badly, and youll end up with no legs.

To fix it youll need to replace the whole length of the sill, not just the section that has the hole :(

celigts

MWP":31gzvtmm said:
If it were my car, i would be looking for a new shell :cry:

When sill rust is that bad you need to consider chassis strength.
The way it is, in a front on or side crash it'll crumple quite badly, and youll end up with no legs.

To fix it youll need to replace the whole length of the sill, not just the section that has the hole :(

Exactly! That's why I've claimed it to myself as a total lose and sell what's good.

celigts

Hey guys, I'm really sorry I haven't been able to get quotes for you on shipping. Kind of Dont like shipping :(

Sold some stuff today. Ill update my post with the list.

1337computing

You got an a/c idle up valve its mounted on the top left of the firewall on an st185. Pics here:
0422131531.jpg

celigts

Moved her today. Her death bed. Taking it all out. Fuck it. So spring summer ill gut her. No holds till then. Boxes are my dilemma. I have a few parts I brought home I won't be asking Lot for.

Just want good homes for my big loss. Still have 4.7k on the car owing. "Sigh" whatever.

Here's pics from today .... When I get home. So inconvenient not being able to do tapatalk wow!

celigts

Alright. Well the cars now in what I want to think as " restoration" mode. Today I cleaned up the car and removed the exhaust. I hope to maybe have the exhaust mocked up and see what prices I get and go from there but here's my update and I'll change the topic when I get to it. Thanks

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399775127.140713.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1399775192.957679.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1399775272.695038.jpg

celigts

UtahSleeper":3m9jt9qd said:
Good luck and glad you decided to try and keep her alive.

Thanks for the support man. I'll hVw to post some threads regarding how I should attack the frame repairs. I'll take more pics and see what everyone has to say. Pulling the motor and going to clean the block and rebuild it. Still nothing crazy cuz I felt it was already fun as it was and I want her as a daily driver.

Miss the community here Ah! I'm missing parts and shit tho damn my memory of placing stuff and I have no brakes so might have to upgrade. Long term for sure

celigts

Well boys... The day came. I won't be rebuilding ATrac. She was good to me but in need of money fast and since I don't have space or time to work on her for another few years probably I have sold her to a great home. Locals want it to build a rally spec racer. The new owner already has a gts for it and there pumped! Sadly sold her for $400. Steal for them but I needed her gone so all I have car related is now in there hands. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411999100.433274.jpg

This is there gts racer: pretty sweet id say for Manitoba!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411999113.561949.jpg