ST165 GT-FOUR steering wheel

206st165

A brief run down... I have a 88 Alltrac with cruise control and I just purchased a GT-Steering wheel which sadly doesn't have cruise control. The person in which I bought it from said that the EDM/JDM ST16X models with cruise control had the control unit on the bottom spoke.... Just curious if anyone has a pic of one and if they want to sell one??

Attachments

• alltrac wheel.jpg
    alltrac wheel.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,435
  • gt4 wheel.jpg
    gt4 wheel.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 1,435

Eurus

206st165":3iwyajbr said:

I have the wheel from my 165 w/ Cruise. However, it would need to be recovered, as its falling apart. Ill give it to ya free, if you want, at the meet.

206st165

Eurus":yd2kkpp9 said:
206st165":yd2kkpp9 said:

I have the wheel from my 165 w/ Cruise. However, it would need to be recovered, as its falling apart. Ill give it to ya free, if you want, at the meet.

Is it a alltrac wheel? I'm specifically looking for a JDM wheel since their horn pieces are different sizes from ours which js stopping me from using my cruise control wheel

Anoo21

Eurus":2gfh03cy said:
206st165":2gfh03cy said:

what color is it? i might be interested

Was lurking, but I might have an idea. I recall that my first car, an '86 GT-S, had the cruise control buttons on the bottom spoke. It might be really hard to find, but perhaps one of those might work?

206st165

AlltracAvenger":33bnnpqi said:
Was lurking, but I might have an idea. I recall that my first car, an '86 GT-S, had the cruise control buttons on the bottom spoke. It might be really hard to find, but perhaps one of those might work?
For sure on the bottem spoke? A USDM wheel will be a lot easier to find then a JDM wheel with cruise control

206st165":3mhvak5x said:
For sure on the bottem spoke? A USDM wheel will be a lot easier to find then a JDM wheel with cruise control

100% sure on the bottom spoke. I found some pics in an old FS thread on another forum: http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=54151

I'll go out on a limb and say to look for a steering wheel off of a pre-facelift(86-87) GT-S or GT(if equipped with CC). To be safe, you might want to try and get the clockspring as well, since I'm not totally sure if there any wiring differences between the two cars. I haven't had that GT-S for twelve years and it's been almost eight since I've had my '165.