300-350awhp or bust.

ST165Sleeper

With my work schedule this swap is not something I could do myself. I will be having a reputable shop do the swap for me and I'm will to pay the extra cash for that and have a paper trail for the car as well. As for budget there really isnt one at the moment. That's the other part I'm trying to figure out.

ST165Sleeper

Which ever is going to be the easiest and most efficient way to achieve my power goal. I'm currently setting money aside specifically for this reason so the cost doesn't matter. I want something reliable and that I might still be able to get parts for.

MrMcQuacker

I say build you motor you have now. Going for a swap is not necessary, specially when you can just build it better than any stock motor. Invest into parts to build your motor. Once you get everything set up for a rebuild. Take it to the shop and have them build your motor. Once all is done, what you can think about next is the turbo size you want. That right there will give you the numbers you want easy. You can build your st185 motor and slap in a 20b or ct27 for simplicity and boost it higher for your power goals. Your motor will be able to handle the extra abuse because of the rebuilt motor.

Lets say you wanted to go with a swap.
st205 would be ideal. 2k - 3k+ for the motor depending where you get it and if its a front clip or not.
245/55hp.
If you can't wire it up yourself your looking at about 600+ to have it done prefessionaly.
st205 at 17-19psi 3" exhaust will grant you about 300AWHP from what I was told.

Its pretty much preference. Do you want a swap motor and eventually build that or do you want to just build what you have now.

Or what you can also do it get a st205 head and put it on your block. take the st205 oil pan set up for better convenience.

If I lost you I apologize. I ain't that good at explaining things on paper. Better at it in person :p

sentraman

Jeff,

Sorry didn't get a chance to talk to you very long at all in Woodburn. Your goal is not impossible, but it will be financially wallet busting. It will all be in the field of using the right combo of parts to achieve your goal. Give me a call at the shop some time or email me and we can talk about what needs to be done.