Using camber plates as caster plates?

CMS-GT4

I am curious how many degrees of caster it can actually add. I also wonder if I could get my tein plates slotted for a similar effect or are these two layers of metal?

CMS-GT4

I followed Monk's source to ground control. They make their caster/camber plates for $350 and have adapters for different strut sizes. I'll be tearing down my suspension so that I can see if these will work for my teins unless suddenly T3 comes out with some cheaper.

Mafix

i've got 4.2 degrees on my st16x.
rotated tops, modified mounting points and bushings. that's it without making custom control arms.

CMS-GT4

T3 contacted me and they started their design on their camber caster plates. Looks like they will be in the 230 range so I am going that route.

CMS-GT4

So I am trying to figure out some caster dimensions. I am measuring the Tein HA hats. When turned it seems the maximum it pushes towards the back of the car is about 22mm. So Who has used a tein plate? I am curious how much 22mm of movement equates to caster. It also equals about 12mm of camber if I measured this all right.
Looking at the slots on the T3 plates it looks like it only allows maybe 7mm of movement back from 0. They predict 1-1.5 caster adjustment. Looking at the others who turned, their plates look like we might have a similar range, and if they can get 3 degrees at full back here is my guess. Lets say 22mm equals 3 degrees of caster than 7mm or so will only be around 1 degree of caster adjustment.
Anyone have an estimate of how many mm yours is moved back? Or at least the length of adjustment of the camber slot and width.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-18 at 2.32.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-18 at 2.32.52 PM.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 0

athousandleaves

Wouldn't the amount of adjustment be the same as what was on the noltec camber plates?

Did they ever publish a figure for the range of adjustability with theirs?

CMS-GT4

I never saw a lot of info on the MRT plates. It looks like it has a fair amount of movement. So I worked with T3 on these plates and they gave me something more along the lines of what I want. The design starts with the caster already about 8.5mm towards the back as the starting point. You can either dial it closer to 0 or add another 8.5mm back. So about 17mm of strut top moved towards the back of the car. I will get these over turning my plates due to still having independent camber adjustment. I can leave caster where I like it, and then adjust camber for road use and track use as I need.

MWP

Be careful using strut tops made for a different car.

Im using tops made for a 80's Nissan in mine, and they don't handle the extra weight too well (bearings are now a little loose).