92 ST185 E85 project

ATS_Scott

Looking good Josh!

But stock cam gears? No Phenolic spacer? It's ok, that stuff is easy to swap out in the car...;-)

kilt88

ATS_Scott":2kakm09g said:
Looking good Josh!

But stock cam gears? No Phenolic spacer? It's ok, that stuff is easy to swap out in the car...;-)
Don't worry, TVIS has been gutted for many years. And we can talk about cam gears later. Remember, for now, I have to get this car running to get it moved to Georgia.

kilt88

msanders2":3ccxpl85 said:
And us Georgians can't wait till you get here! I'll be glad to see another Beautiful Alltrac.
Nice! I'm eager to meet you guys. Is anyone around Suwanee or Lawrenceville?

kilt88

So we got the brakes bled today, the AE midpipe installed, the L-R crossmember installed, and some randomness in the engine bay done. I'm breaking for some food, then will get back to it.

main.php

msanders2

I'm on the west side of Ga, I only know a couple of members on here. Not sure if anyone is around That area, I'd be down to meet up though!

kilt88

msanders2":3dsnd3kn said:
I'm on the west side of Ga, I only know a couple of members on here. Not sure if anyone is around That area, I'd be down to meet up though!
awesome -- well, maybe a meet sometime in late Summer then. :)

CMS-GT4

Maybe we can get you to come up to the Dragon in TN if we manage to organize it later this year.

kilt88

msanders2":1i1pbcpx said:
Deals Gap, 316 turns in 11 miles. Really fun in a car or on a bike.
Oh, I see now. awesome! I've honestly been getting sad about leaving my Colorado mountain roads, so the Dragon should help that.

kilt88

I'm on a hunt for some wheel spacers for the rear, for two reasons:
1. The wheels would look a lot better pushed about 25-30 mm out;
2. The spacer strips I put in between my hubs and st205 rotors are causing my wheels to go on a bit funny. And, of course, Mille Miglia isn't in business anymore, and their hub centric rings were designed a bit different from others'.

So here's what I'm after -- should be next to impossible to find. One pair of 25 to 30mm 5x100 spacers, with a hub ID of 55mm, but a wheel OD of 54.1mm.

kilt88

Here are the stainless steel strips I put in.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1402860606736.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1402860606736.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 2,556
  • uploadfromtaptalk1402860627572.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1402860627572.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 2,556

CMS-GT4

You need more narrow strips. My hr spacers have a bevel inside and fit over the slight protruding strips I used. There is a company. I think I linked them in my build thread that does custom spacers. I got a set made that do my 5x100 to toyotas 5x114 and outer hub diameter. My fronts are swapped so I did this for the rear until I use up my couple sets of 205 rotors and then switch my rear hubs to 5x114.

Also in regards to roads there should be some decent ones in North Ga. I used to live in east TN and the roads were pretty decent there. Hoping to make it back for a dragon trip end of summer or early fall with a few alltracs in tow.

kilt88

CMS-GT4":1v1h6ixy said:
You need more narrow strips. My hr spacers have a bevel inside and fit over the slight protruding strips I used. There is a company. I think I linked them in my build thread that does custom spacers. I got a set made that do my 5x100 to toyotas 5x114 and outer hub diameter. My fronts are swapped so I did this for the rear until I use up my couple sets of 205 rotors and then switch my rear hubs to 5x114.

Also in regards to roads there should be some decent ones in North Ga. I used to live in east TN and the roads were pretty decent there. Hoping to make it back for a dragon trip end of summer or early fall with a few alltracs in tow.

Ya, I might ask the guy if he can trim the down to half their width. I'll owe him another case of beer, I guess. :)

I think what I'll miss a lot about Colorado are the open roads. There simply are not as many people out here, so so much more opportunity to have fun.

msanders2

Blue ridge mountains are nice roads, Dahlonega have nice roads up in that area. North Ga has a lo. You will have plenty of fun.

kilt88

More done tonight.

First, I grilled and ate a nice, rare 12oz ribeye to fuel myself.
main.php

I redid the harness clips for the ID2000 injectors.
main.php

Engine bay -- sorry, the rest of these are blurry. (I need my real camera back.)
main.php

Fuel feed from filter to rail. -8 for E85 once I get to the other fuel upgrades (pump, hard lines, filter).
main.php

180 degree turn out of the fuel rail.
main.php

And the feed into the FPR. I get to redo this one -- it needs another inch of line.
main.php