What's this button??????

schmooot

sammyw":tvwie69v said:
That is pretty cool, my dads all-trac has a mystery button near the radio it has what looks like a japanese character on it, nothing noticeable happens when you push it. He calls it his Godzilla button.

I wanna see it too

sammyw

I will see if I can get a picture of it when I go back home, I hope the character is still visible. But it is small hardly noticible next to the radio. I want to also see if it has the button described, I learned how to drive in that car so I think I pushed every button it had but maybe I missed this one, or maybe it isn't there, that would be pretty neat if it was.

Domspun

gt4tified":1i3fat1o said:
Who gives a crap what it works on...you have a very rare (from what I've seen) option! Just be happy about that. :)
lol
I am happy about it! :D I just want to use it correctly.

I was driving in heavy rain tonight, could not see well in mirrors, pushed the button, did not see any better! :doh: Gotta have to wait 'till next winter to try it again.

timmey

Does anyone else have a pull switch under their steering wheel that makes the car honk inceasently after about 1-3 minutes of the ignition started? Apparently it is some ghetto, fake car alarm. Came on my JDM 185, although not a Toyota thing.

Timmey

gt4tified

timmey":3tvtgur4 said:
Does anyone else have a pull switch under their steering wheel that makes the car honk inceasently after about 1-3 minutes of the ignition started? Apparently it is some ghetto, fake car alarm. Came on my JDM 185, although not a Toyota thing.

Timmey

:shock: wtf???

nope...nothing crazy like that on mine.

lalojamesliz

sammyw":oz5rv7se said:
That is pretty cool, my dads all-trac has a mystery button near the radio it has what looks like a japanese character on it, nothing noticeable happens when you push it. He calls it his Godzilla button.

LOL!!! :rofl: post a pic please

sammyw

lalojamesliz":43nlcc2k said:
sammyw":43nlcc2k said:

LOL!!! :rofl: post a pic please

I will try and remember this weekend, I will be going home but I don't know if I will get a chance his all-trac has been parked since someone backed into it in a parking lot. That and he has a new toy, a RHD twin-turbo supra, poor all-trac has been neglected :p .

gt4st205ellis

Holy Crap! When i first picked mine up i pressed this button, it made a wierd noise like gears were stripped. i now know what that is, thank you!

underscore

I am definitely looking for this vibration button tomorrow. Do all the cars come with heated mirrors? My ST162 did but my ST184 doesn't, hopefully my new ST185 does as it's super handy.

timmey":1952xv2o said:

Timmey

1-3 minutes after you start the car? that's probably for if you get car jacked. you hit that as you get out of the car, then a couple mins down the rod it'll go berserk, hopefully making the guy ditch your car.

athousandleaves

So I think I've ended up with a set of these mirrors but now have no way of re-activating it witout actually getting the vibration ecu :(

COMPUTER,ASSY MIRROR VIBLATION CONTROL 89140‑20050

Thing is, in the EPC the some cars are listed as having Ultra Sonic Mirrors

"87940‑2B490‑A0 アリ(デンドウ カトウシキ ULTRA SONIC MIRROR)"

Noting that I hooked the two leads to this mystery device up to my stereo and surely enough... music from my mirrors :shock:

I'm going to try and source a "viblation control" unit to see if it causes the mirrors to "viblate" like others have described but to be honest I have no clue where to go looking for it...

I can post pictures of the 'speaker' if anyone is really interested in seeing it.

athousandleaves

Did some reading and from what I gather on other Toyota forums this was advertised as Ultra Sonic Mirrors to blast off dew when the mirror was wet then you could turn on the heater and get rid of the rest of it. It is piezo based so me blasting my tunes through it isn't far off from accurate. Sounds as though the speaker is happiest at about 14khz so the ECU probably just blasts a few clicks around this range in rapid succession and the water should dance off.

I think what I might do for now until I get the control unit is just wire them into the door tweeters XD

Ninetail

I know its an old thread, but can you tell/show me how this button is wired up?? :D :D

I've got a set but not sure how to wire it up.

athousandleaves

If you've got the controller box I mentioned previously maybe you could open it up and take some pictures of the schematic for us and we can help figure out how to wire it up.

You might have to ship the box to me and I could figure out the circuit diagram and how it gets wired up for you. Depending on how complex it is that may be the only way.

athousandleaves

I assume that the only way to make the system work you need the computer box with 89140‑20050 as the part number on it.

The one you have says 87989-17020 which is the part number for the MR2 power folding mirrors, not the Celica 87989-20030 one... :shrug:

I'd buy that switch for the vibration from you seeing as you can't use it with what you have...

Ninetail

So what does this vibration control thing look like? Since I cant find anything when I Google for that part number etc.

Actually this was a set, and that relay came with it. So im guessing its interchangeable. They seem to be very similiar.

But I want to hook this up correctly. And how do I know I have vibration mirrors? The heater button is also the vibration button from what I have gathered.

fussellbug

So what does this vibration control thing look like?
The vibration control box looks very much like the folding control box.

And how do I know I have vibration mirrors?
The power folding mirrors will have a 7-pin connector. The vibrating mirrors will have an additional connector for vibration.

Ninetail

Doesnt the heater have additional as well?

Any wiring diagram on the heater button? And it doesnt look easy to find that vibration control box.