FC Zach's AllTrac

FC Zach

I don't leave the rack on the car since the trim around the windows are plastic, so I just leave it hanging in the garage till needed so unfortunately I couldn't get a closeup for you.

Attachments

• RackTower.jpg
    RackTower.jpg
    599.2 KB · Views: 2,327

FC Zach

Got the windows tinted and since we had a very nice day I cleaned the car too, feels like I have a new car! :D
10805822_868350483186432_3296671163399003046_n.jpg

FC Zach

I was on my way to the parts store to get parts for my Mazda, I was sitting at a red light in a busy part of town around lunch time, that's when my clutch hydraulics decided to go south and stop working! :bangshead:

Pedal to the floor and stays there. . what to do ? ? :shrug: I immediately hit the flashers, turned the car off and restarted it while in 1st gear. It started and I slowly cruised till I matched 2nd gear all the while there is a line of cars behind me :oops: . I decided to keep going, just wishing for green lights (that didn't happen) and finally made it!

When I got to Advance I checked the master and slave cylinder for leaks but didn't see any so I immediately expect the worse. . . :pissed: (ENGINE/TRANNY REMOVAL) :cry: I limped the car home speeding through lights before turning red and sloooww rolling to an almost standstill if lights were already red, avoiding stopping at all costs!!

Yesterday I bled the system with a vac pump assuming/wishing that air got in the system some how but no change was made and no leaks either. Replaced the master cylinder, bled system again and tested but still no pressure!! It wasn't until after replacing the master cylinder that the slave cylinder started to leak, WTF!! Back to the store again. . . Well anyways I got it going and functions great! I am also very surprised to say that replacing these parts was nowhere near as difficult as I had imagined :D

FC Zach

Yes I sure did! The good part was knowing that there was a new clutch installed in the car (I have the receipt from the PO) but after having fixed previous owner issues I was beginning to have doubts. ..

Regardless it's good now and the pedal pressure is better than before :D

TheNubkins

Nice car man! That pic above shows it in really nice shape cosmetically, and with the way you seem to be tackling mechanical issues she should be up to snuff and remain there for a long time. Kudos.

FC Zach

Thank you, I've been working very hard on it. I plan on keeping her on the road for years to come.

FC Zach

Last weekend I picked up a cup holder/radio I found on CL for $30.
radio cupholder.jpg

When I met up with the guy I was a little letdown that the cup holder was broke and it didn't stay closed but I bought it anyways since these are apparently hard to find from what I have gathered from this forum.

Yesterday I made a tab and epoxied it to the tray in hopes to save this cupholder, very proud of this. I had to figure out how the latch thingy worked and engineered my own piece, carving it from a scrap piece of plastic :D
Cup holder tab.jpg
Cup holder tab repair.jpg

Today I will attempt to repair the cracked/broken arm gizmo that actually holds the can. If I repair that it'll be good as new!

FC Zach

If anyone wants the radio above I'll let it go cheap ($10 :shrug: plus shipping). It came from a '90 GT

FC Zach

Things I've done lately, repaired my curbed wheels and completed my AC installation! :D Really excited about the AC, it's been a long time since I've had it.

Last month I made a dumb mistake by not paying attention to how much my car was turning while merging onto the interstate, I was looking for others merging from the opposite direction and sure enough I cleaned the curb with both my wheels. Here's a before of the front wheel, it was the worst:
10525636_813776475310500_3774066111301876568_n.jpg

With a little patience and elbow grease I was able to smooth it out. I found a really close match paint that I blended the best I could. Here's the result, definitely better than the curbed wheel :)
10556251_813776478643833_8302995815353449851_n.jpg

I have been collecting parts to a complete this AC install for some time now, most of the hard to find parts I picked up from Andy in Ohio and the rest I ordered online from RockAuto (awesome place to order from!).

Here are all the lines/hoses and mounts.
15600147113_d4194c1371_z.jpg

Condenser fan and mounting hardware I got from a Pull-A-Part for $20
10609693_821360231218791_5112461911964537011_n.jpg

The compressor I got from RockAuto, probably the best deal I've ever had in buying replacement parts, I got this compressor for $230 with a 5% discount. Notice that this is not a reman (at least doesn't appear to be) and has a Denso and Toyota sticker on it. A reman from Advance would have cost me $350 or even worse, a replacement from Toyota would have cost over a $1000!
16032645890_cec8fdf387_z.jpg

Just a small percentage of parts to be removed in order to install the new condenser.
15597597944_67a45afa8f_z.jpg

Not a lot of room to work with here. . . after a few four letter words were yelled I eventually and reluctantly removed the radiator to make room for the condenser.
15600146573_47e7b23f02_z.jpg

And more parts to remove. . .
15600147613_11d464fbc5_z.jpg

Had to disassemble the evaporator assembly to gain access to the expansion valve.
16032480448_8765970ee7_z.jpg

Crash course in HVAC. I had no idea what I was doing when I rented this but I figured it out and am now self taught 8)
16034175087_461e977fff_z.jpg

I must say that this whole experience has been a royal pain in the a** but the end result has made it worth it! I now have a functioning AC system that is leak free and blows COLD air (something I haven't had in years!). Very happy now that it is over! Just one more thing the previous owner should be kicked for LOL

CSAlltrac

Nice job dude. AC would be nice, I'm a little sad I removed all my stuff. Collecting all the parts to re-install is something I will probably never do. Lots of tiny details, so hats off to you.

FC Zach

Thanks guys! It's been a PITA at times but is all worth the effort especially when I'm stopped by someone and complimented on the looks of the car, that's gratifying!