88gt4de Project New Leather seats and more !! 11/12/20

88gt4DE

Well passed smog at DMV and all is back together finally. Roughly 90 or so miles on it so far. Not 100% happy with alignment but it will live for a few months till I replace tires and re-check rear suspension. I may have to replace the spherical bushing things in the back ... We will see. That is all till after Christmas ... Everyone have a safe holiday season ! :smokes:

celigts

Oh man I know. I miss mind every damn day! Nothing else even comparable IMO to the alltracs and the sound of a 3s. [ASTONISHED FACE]

88gt4DE

celigts":35x33vaz said:
Oh man I know. I miss mind every damn day! Nothing else even comparable IMO to the alltracs and the sound of a 3s. [ASTONISHED FACE]

Very true how unique the sound is ... people hear that thing and are like what the :shock:

underscore

Have you heard them with just an intake, and a stock exhaust? It sounds like a semi spooling it's turbo haha.

88gt4DE

underscore":1mja7y52 said:
Have you heard them with just an intake, and a stock exhaust? It sounds like a semi spooling it's turbo haha.

Yeah pretty much how mine is set up right now except for the downpipe ... I have a full exhaust ready to put on after Christmas ...

88gt4DE

Curry":gza30f9b said:
Loving the updates man, good to see her back up and running! :D

Thanks man. I kinda lied a little when I said " That's it till after Christmas " I threw a Aussie exhaust tail section on it yesterday mainly cause I had a leak around the rear axle. I bought exhaust prior to my engine issue and has been in back of my truck for almost a year ... Now this is really it till after holidays. Also trying to find a house in the middle of everything else ... time is tight but still finding time to wrench on and enjoy my baby :smokes:

I plan to load some exhaust pics up this week. I still have to modify and install midpipe which I already have but was setup on a 165 with a different downpipe so yet more modification. Getting a new phone and you know the deal there with pictures ...

Plans for the new year are mainly to move and get settled ... as for car I have a set of U.K. folding mirrors to have painted and start saving to redo my seats which took a back burner to my engine this year .... I almost pulled the whole year plan off ... ehhh maybe next year :rofl: :roll:

88gt4DE

Not much has been going on ... been covered in snow for the most part of 6 weeks ...

Prior to that managed to get the exhaust tail section on ...

Its a 185 tail section so it didn't center up to the back well but I still have to do the center section so I'll mess with it more then ...

No pics but threw some new tires at it too ... Went with a sumitomo that I had a really good used pair of so I matched them.

Currently working on changed my temp gauge setup from the intercooler to the engine and adding a digital temp gauge to monitor the intercooler temp ... Just because ... lol

88gt4DE

So I finally got the chance in between snow storms to actually drive the car and do a few things. With the up coming Fredericksburg VA car show I wanted to finish a couple more things. When I had installed the gauges I wanted a temp gauge to monitor the intercooler temp. I realized after I installed the needle type gauge that the range was too high for the gauge to tell me what I wanted to know. I wanted to stay with all the same brand Autometer Cobalt. I decided to go to a digital gauge to monitor the intercooler and move the gauge I already installed to monitor the engine temp. I wanted another one on the engine anyway since I had an older celica that the factory gauge didn't even work. It took awile to decide on the correct digital temp gauge since the range on alot of them didn't start at "0" or some were in Celcius. So closest one to meet my needs was Autometer 6937. Only problem was it didn't match. SOOO I stumble upon an Autometer custom gauge thread and here she is ...

Now my bigger problem is where the heck am I gonna put it ? I didn't want to lose the lighter hole cause I actually need it to charge phone etc etc ... went with this :smokes:

Got tired of looking at the star crack in the middle of my dash. My girl got me this for Christmas which someone was caught trying to steal off the doorstep after it was delivered. Good luck trying to find someone with a 4th gen Celica to sell it to .... LOL

After meet I would like to get my center exhaust section in , re-install the FCD and set up boost controller. Still saving up for seats. Really that's all my goals for this year ... seems achievable right ? Because Alltrac ... :rofl: Ain't happening .... :crazy: :bangshead:

TRDTurko

I was thinking of getting one of those dash covers. What material is that one made out of? A lot of em look too much like carpet to me so I was thinking of the brushed suede.

88gt4DE

TRDTurko":2zokl4e2 said:
I was thinking of getting one of those dash covers. What material is that one made out of? A lot of em look too much like carpet to me so I was thinking of the brushed suede.

Its carpet ... until I find another dash one day and have it re-done that will have to do 8)

88gt4DE

So I have been seeing alot more oil in my intake than normal and I figured it was normal but its worse now than it was before. Thinking back to my engine problems we had changed the intake setup prior to the test drive. I had asked myself this question before and never took the time to re-search it. Why would an oil catch can NOT have and inlet and outlet. Because its a cheap POS that's not actually working. After seeing exactly the one I have cutaway it makes perfect sense now ... More to come later ...

88gt4DE

Fredericksburg VA last weekend and Maple Grove Raceway in Mohnton , PA ... Car ran great .. I think I logged 500 miles between both weekends. Everything felt good. I will have to replace the spherical bushings in the back due to some slight play. So I think that's next followed by my mid pipe modification and install ....

88gt4DE

So I haven't posted for awile. Car is running very good which I prol shouldn't say too loud cause she can hear you ... :twisted: Anyway ... I replaced all four rear spherical bushings , both left and right rear tie rods and cam adjusters. Suspension feels absolutely great and firm. I wasn't happy at all with the oil catch can performance so I up graded to a baffled oil catch system instead. We will see how that one pans out. Have been having issues with window switches yet again but I know its contact issues and swapped out the passenger switch today so the passenger window stops getting stuck down. 8) Headed to the car show in Glen Burnie MD this weekend. I know I haven't posted pictures lately but they will be coming soon. Been way to busy to do the camera and phone updates .... Last piece of exhaust is next in line ! Has to be !! :smokes:

___Scott___

If you carefully take the window switch apart, you'll find a copper rocker in there that bends very easily. If you bend it back, the switch will work more reliably again.

88gt4DE

___Scott___":1qx4x2hv said:
If you carefully take the window switch apart, you'll find a copper rocker in there that bends very easily. If you bend it back, the switch will work more reliably again.

yup ... did that the last time to both sides. I wanted to have extras and make them serviceable too without tearing door panel off. So passenger side is now done. Going to get another one maybe and do the auto up mod and do drivers ...