GT4-Racing.eu group buy (fiberglass replica rc bumpers)

anothergt4

anothergt4":2fgbaajg said:
Just talked to my local Toyota there is one bumper cover left for 248.11 part number 52119-20926 and 4 crash bars left at 268 something part number 52021-20210. The bumper had a d after it stating they will be discontinued, I'd advise to order the last bumper I almost did just so I could say I got the last one.
I forgot to add they said they could definately order it.

anothergt4

Does anyone have a contact in japan, maybe we should just try to get a container from there, I'd be down to look into that if someone has a source that they can actually trust, they would have to shove an st205 or a skyline in there for me though.

anothergt4

underscore":zmgfw8p1 said:
If you're trying to get JDM parts in the states try someone like Lithia instead of your local dealer.
I talked to Lithia on celicatech they said they have been unable to get them for over a year. I did order the last one in the country from my local dealer, I've already paid and everything lets just hope it goes through. There are still crash bars but for what they want for them and the fact that it is pretty much just an extra mounting poit for the bumper makes me want to make my own, as far as the groupbuy goes if we can get 15-20 people and people don't mind getting their stuff by greyhound, I still think that will be a good deal, I'll take pictures of the oem bumper next to my gr4-racing bumper if it's ok with the new owner.

Redrkt01

Good luck with all that. I used to deal these parts for Paul.....he takes forever to ship anything....if parts get shipped at all. Last time I ordered (4+ years ago) and set up a group buy he didn't have everything in stock. He waited until I placed the order to produce all of the parts. Lot's of people cancelled after months of waiting. It was a disaster. Members beware.....

anothergt4

Redrkt01":167yy5io said:
Good luck with all that. I used to deal these parts for Paul.....he takes forever to ship anything....if parts get shipped at all. Last time I ordered (4+ years ago) and set up a group buy he didn't have everything in stock. He waited until I placed the order to produce all of the parts. Lot's of people cancelled after months of waiting. It was a disaster. Members beware.....

I was one of the ones who actually got their bumper I was in contact with you a lot, you were awesome. I wasn't worried about the wait when we ordered but since you where so good to work with I value your opinion a lot, and may not go through with this, especially because I'm not expecting any financial gain, I don't want people mad at me because of quality and time that I cannot control. Do you have any sources here that you could recommend for making a replica, maybe even out of abs?

anothergt4

This is the kind of feedback I think we needed, we may have to look into having someone do a run of bumpers, preferably abs, does anyone have a connection?

underscore

the GT4 bushing GB we had a couple years back was quite quick, but I'd imagine bushings are much faster and easier to produce than the body parts.

anothergt4

I'm just going to pass on doing this, I've gotten a couple bad reviews and I'm getting some heat at home for not making any money, so if someone wants to try and take this over I can try to pass on your info.

aus jd 2703

Just so everyone knows the bumper covers are still instock but the upper and lower reinforcements arnt so you will have to make them. Which I just did. It's alright but not fun....

anothergt4

aus jd 2703":2cyk7j45 said:
Just so everyone knows the bumper covers are still instock but the upper and lower reinforcements arnt so you will have to make them. Which I just did. It's alright but not fun....

Yes I would like t know where, I called two days ago and they had three, I called today and they had one, I bought the one, now they have none , the part number had a d at the end the parts guy said this meant it would be discontinued. But I guess he did say he could not check other dealers only the warehouse.

Pipedreams

I find it pretty strange that they will discontinue it as they are still available from toyota in Japan. I mean they can't stock parts for every toyota sold in the states domesticly? We checked for fun here in Sweden the availability for 100pcs and that number was no problem.

anothergt4

You guys are lucky, I'm just going off of what the parts guy said, maybe it's because they were never actually sold in the states because we never get anything cool here.

msanders2

I have a friend in the Air Force stationed in Japan. I had him check for me 2 months ago at his local Toyota dealership he said they have them but they are also $550USD. And for that price and shipping it here wouldn't be worth it.