Post your sweetest secret alltrac pics here

Hotrodhendrix

This one was about a month ago with a buddies evo. The red can only be found if you know where and how to look at it in the right light. I just did a ton of research and lots of practice (mostly on the car) while learning how to do body work. I have about 4 months in that paint job between body work, paint and wetsand/buff. Maybe more.

~James

ALLensTRAC

That's a cool pic!! The same color scheme really works. I admire what you went through with that paint job! Seeing the pics of 2 inches of bondo made me cringe! I can only imagine how you felt!! I plan to do all the prep and metal work but there is a high line restoration company in town that does 60s Jags and Rolls that will paint it. Their work is second to none and I don't want to risk my noob skills on this car. It's too important!

XLarge

Realized that I promised more pictures of our shooting here in Germany and forgot to post them. Sorry for the delay.

sainz_233.jpg

sainz_227.jpg

sainz_226.jpg

sainz_224.jpg

sainz_223.jpg

ALLensTRAC

XLarge":6zrp3pqn said:
Realized that I promised more pictures of our shooting here in Germany and forgot to post them. Sorry for the delay.

sainz_233.jpg

sainz_227.jpg

sainz_226.jpg

sainz_224.jpg

sainz_223.jpg

God those cars are beautiful!!! The last pic is my favorite!

Hotrodhendrix

ALLensTRAC":21jznidj said:
That's a cool pic!! The same color scheme really works. I admire what you went through with that paint job! Seeing the pics of 2 inches of bondo made me cringe! I can only imagine how you felt!! I plan to do all the prep and metal work but there is a high line restoration company in town that does 60s Jags and Rolls that will paint it. Their work is second to none and I don't want to risk my noob skills on this car. It's too important!

Thanks. If I did it all over again that is exactly how I would do it. Body work myself. Let them shoot the color and clear. Then wetsand/buff myself. Keep us updated with pics as you work through it.

~James

awdturboftw

Don't mean to thread jack or detour away from the main topic.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3983&p=418037&hilit=curren#p415782
jaydog82":2hisryd5 said:
I love this pic, I wish I could fab up those headlights.
underscore":2hisryd5 said:
jaydog82":2hisryd5 said:
I love this pic, I wish I could fab up those headlights.
are those maybe from the Curren front end?

I personally took these picture in the link below. Looks like the same hood, blinkers, fenders, a modified grill but the lights have newer insides.
http://www.toyotacelicas.com/forums/93- ... orona.html

Wow, since I recently learned that alltracs have 5 lugs not regular celica 4 lugs. I wonder if that Corona is awd and or turbo.

underscore

The Corona and Curren were just different front ends for GTS Coupes. All Celica GTS' and Alltrac's were 5 lug, I'm not sure about the GT.

XLarge

All the 2.0 and 2.2 liter T18 ( ST182, ST185, ST183, ST184) had 5x100 .The 1.6 liter ( AT180 ) had 4x100 from '89 till '91 and got 5x100 with the facelift in '92 .

The T20 Celicas ( AT200, ST202, ST205 ) had 5x100, no matter what engine they had.

XLarge

Looks like the opposide to a picture I took of my CS some years ago.

Black car vs. white car
Sun vs. shadow
RC vs. CS
US vs. Europe

sainz_93.jpg