4th gen (ST215) general things needed for swap

UtahSleeper

So, I am going to post this here for info from people that have done the swap and also to post what I learn as I go.

Things I know:
You have to make/adapt a wiring harness as this motor has COP, as well as other things.

Things I think I know:
Looks like you need to bolt on the motor mount bracket/mount(the timing belt side) as from the pictures it looks like the motor uses a different mount.

Anyone else have anything to add?

UtahSleeper

Bump for question.

Anyone know where the vacuum/hose diagram can be found for this motor? I have it installed and starting, just want to get it all buttoned up now.

UtahSleeper

Bump and question.

On the 3sgte, does anyone know if a downpipe for a MR2 would work in an Alltrac? I ask cause I would like to buy a simple exhaust and have it bolt easily to a DP. Prime MR2 makes DP's for their MR2 swaps and curious if I could just buy one and use it.

mkernz22

The MR2 downpipes should work just fine. I believe they're exactly the same, the only difference in the exhaust between the Celica and mr2 is after the dp.

MWP

mkernz22":3b3h5j5w said:
The MR2 downpipes should work just fine. I believe they're exactly the same, the only difference in the exhaust between the Celica and mr2 is after the dp.

So the CT26, CT20B and CT15A all have the same exhaust flange?
The CT26 and CT20B do (other than the extra stud on the CT20B), but not sure about the CT15a.

UtahSleeper

The flange is different. Prime hacks up the old stock dp. My concern was the flange where it meets up to an exhaust pipe. Apparently they make it so the DP meets up to standard exhaust systems.