The ST185 wheel size thread (offsets, widths, etc)

CMS-GT4

I told them that they have a nice wheel design in an awful color option. If they had sense they would at least offer a silver. That is pretty much a standard in the industry. I am going to see if 1010 might offer some srot of option.

msanders2

msanders2":vcrnu7kg said:
I noticed Enkei are coming out with new offsets and sizes for 5x100 most likely for the FRS. Would the RPF1 17x8.5 +30 offset fit front and rear without rolling fenders?

Anyone?

CMS-GT4

You most likely have to unless you run a stiff spring at a stock height. I wish toyota didn't put that stupid lip back there.

Meenya

msanders2":1ax75xvo said:
msanders2":1ax75xvo said:
I noticed Enkei are coming out with new offsets and sizes for 5x100 most likely for the FRS. Would the RPF1 17x8.5 +30 offset fit front and rear without rolling fenders?

Anyone?

It's the tire that rubs...so what size tire you plan to run?
Also depends on camber and how lowered the car
I use 17x9" 30mm offset all around (rears have 15mm spacers so effective offset on rear is 15mm) with 245/40 and it will rub back sometimes
If you run 235s I'm am 99.9% sure you won't have any rubbing HTH

Edited for rear spacers

Meenya

I updated post above re spacers

Basically under conditions where rear shocks would compress significantly like high speed cornering or highway speeds and dips in the road
it would rub the tire in the area where small triangle is see attached pic for reference (not my tire)
4u8y5y9y.jpg

CMS-GT4

You do in the rear, but not in the front. That wheel is a common style, I bet you can find it from another company in a very close style. They look like a replcia of an old enki wheel.
While not the same, this is a similar style. Just google 10 spoke enkei and you might find the older wheel the one you posted is a copy of. Honestly I would keep looking till you found something that did not need adapters. There are so many wheels out there now, there are plenty of options.
http://www.1010tires.com/Wheels/Braelin ... nted/Black

Twincam.22

Got hold of the seller and wheels are actually 18 x 9 and et40.

Does that make any difference??
If i can get away with using adapters these are best option for me at the moment as i can get them alot cheaper than advertised...

Twincam.22

dam it, i need to find me a set of 5x100 so.

By any chance do you know what the distance is from hub face to wing and from hub face to strut?
Sorry if this is already commented on but there is 78 pages to go through to find out if it was asked before!

1337computing

Alright I think I finally have my wheel spacing figured out and want to know if I'm correct.

I have 17" x 8" w/ +35 off set wheels on all fours with stock tire size 215/50/15. I want to put 15mm spacers on the front and 35mm on the back. From what I understand that would make the front +20 and the back +0.

Will this setup work? Will I have to roll the back fenders? Thank you!

aus jd 2703

CMS-GT4":1n2htzrg said:
What lightweight wheels would you buy with a $2000 budget. Preferably with the option to buy 5.

easy RPF-1 17 x 9, +35, 5x100.
2nd choice would work work 11R again 17x9, +17 rear +38 front 5x100.
but you are 5x114.3 so should have more options?