4th gen 3SGTE wiring

UtahSleeper

Has anyone her attempted to do the wiring for this engine into a st165?

Or is the wiring that different between the st185 and 165?

Just trying to do my research and gather everything in 1 spot :)

msanders2

I am in the process of doing a gen4 3sgte swap on my st165. I sent my engine harness and my 165 harness to wiregap. Doug does great work, plug and play turn key, no guessing around. $450 sounds like a lot, but it saves you a world of head ache. I haven't got my harness back yet, I will post up when I do. I have seen his work and it's is great.

UtahSleeper

Any idea when you will get it back? What is the estimated turn around time from sending to receiving the finished product?

msanders2

You will just have to call him and ask what his workload is. When I called him he said his work load was low, he had 2 4age 20v harness in front of mine and he told me 3 weeks to get mine back. I sent my harness off 2 weeks ago so should be getting it back at the end of next week/ beginning of the week after.

88st165

I also contacted Doug a couple weeks ago and he said he was currently working on a 165 to 215 harness, prob one of you guys'. I will be going to him once I pull the trigger to do the swap.

msanders2

88st165":1fzf2sjl said:
I also contacted Doug a couple weeks ago and he said he was currently working on a 165 to 215 harness, prob one of you guys'. I will be going to him once I pull the trigger to do the swap.

That is me :) he didn't happen to say when he'd be finished with it did he? I still got a week left for my 3 week quote he gave me. We are both in Ga so shipping only takes a day.

88st165

msanders2":89ak78g9 said:
88st165":89ak78g9 said:

That is me :) he didn't happen to say when he'd be finished with it did he? I still got a week left for my 3 week quote he gave me. We are both in Ga so shipping only takes a day.

Well I emailed him 2 weeks ago and he said that he would be starting on a harness for a customer in a week. So 1 week left is accurate for a 3 week quote it seems. Looking forward to hearing your feedback on the swap and harness.

UtahSleeper

I paid to have mine done. Received it already. Seems like a decent job, but I will hold final judgment till it's in the car and running.

One thing I didn't expect, but makes sense, is that it looks like the original ECU may be needed. They left the plugs for the original ECU. Plus they left 3 wires out and labelled, so I need to see where those go.

UtahSleeper

Might be both. The harness has all of the plugs for both ECU's. I am wondering if this has to do with ABS/gauges.....or some other crap I haven't looked into lol.

My plan is to get the motor installed and start off with only the 215 ecu.

If I can get off my ass and not let cold slow me down I may have the motor installed this weekend.........no promises, but I am tired of just seeing the motor sitting on rollers in the garage.