ACPT C/F Driveshaft Group buy is a go!!!

ALLensTRAC

What did they quote you for one Josh? Last I heard DSS owns the selling rights now and they want like 1500$ for them. That's ridiculous!

CMS-GT4

I had not contacted anyone yet. I am making a mental shopping list and once the budget is done ordering stuff.

ALLensTRAC

CMS-GT4":27dcnsak said:
Awesome, thanks.
I am kicking around getting this, but if I do not I am looking into a is300 aluminum driveshaft. I know they fit the flanges, but its a matter of length.

Where did the idea of the IS shaft come from? Did someone try it or is it because of the flange compatibility?

I sent DSS an email BTW. They're closed until Monday so I'll let you know what they say. I also asked about pricing on a group buy of 10 or so. We'll see....

I emailed ACPT again and ryan clampit replied saying i need to contact their driveline partner powertrainindustries.com and speak to Bryan Hart.... However, when i went to the website and searched through their make/model database it shows our driveshaft in the 3 piece OEM configuration.... which makes me a little worried that we may not be getting the same driveshaft that acpt previously produced..... I'll keep you posted on the outcome.

ALLensTRAC

From what I have gathered through different posts and also contacting others, the tubes are still produced by ACPT. What they're not doing is assembling the yokes and selling them. This was given to DSS. DSS told another member that they decided to "re-engineer" the flanges and how they're attached to the carbon tubes. In doing so they decided to raise the price to around 1500$ instead of the 975$ originally quoted. I've already sent them an email and expect a reply tomorrow. We'll see I guess.

ALLensTRAC":3972nqt8 said:
From what I have gathered through different posts and also contacting others, the tubes are still produced by ACPT. What they're not doing is assembling the yokes and selling them. This was given to DSS. DSS told another member that they decided to "re-engineer" the flanges and how they're attached to the carbon tubes. In doing so they decided to raise the price to around 1500$ instead of the 975$ originally quoted. I've already sent them an email and expect a reply tomorrow. We'll see I guess.

Yeah, the second reply I got from ACPT when I asked if we would be receiving the same driveshaft they previously produced for the group buy was that PTI would produce the same shaft using ACPT's composite tubing and ACPT is not a driveline shop and to contact powertrain industries... it was a little curt. I'm still waiting for a reply from PTI

CMS-GT4

CF is light and stronger from what I read. I heard that aluminum might be to large a diameter to fit as well. That will need to be researched.

BADNEWS

When I was looking into it, driveshaft shop told me due to the length the shaft had to be a minimum of 3.5 inches for a diameter.

9 days later, multiple emails, voicemails and ACPT forwarding my emails directly and still no reply or contact in return.... I've never tried so hard to get someone to take $1000+ bucks from me..... this is becoming frustrating! :x

PTI quoted me at $1550 + shipping... if a group buy was organized 5 people is less 10%, 10 people is less 15%....
I'm assuming the 165 and 185 shafts are the same dimensions and fitment into the trans and rear diff?? i hope....

Ace

Well I would be interested to buy one. My old stock driveshaft is bad and I don´t want to rebuild it since its rusty, heavy and rebuild cost (bearings etc.) will be considerable. I like weight reduction also. So if we could get 10 people into group buy...
Second option could be to contact another companies that make CF driveshafts for quotation?

Anyways If there will be group buy, I´m in.

I would definitely be interested in a group buy but from a reputable source. Obviously Driveshaft shop is well known but the price would have to come down a bit.... Would anyone be interested in organizing a group buy again?