MWP's wannabe Tarmac Rally 5S-GTE ST185 (racing!)

CMS-GT4

There is one for the 165, but the problem is the 185 was changed to a circular design, so it will always spin and change caster. The 165 has a flat section to keep it in place.

CMS-GT4

kilt88":1895bpmm said:
The MRT (Noltec) top mounts I used to sell had camber and caster adjustment.

Hey Josh,
Both mwp and I run t3 top plates that have caster adjustment. The wheel sits further back and addition caster needs to be done at the lca to center the wheel in the well. At least for me due to large tires.

kilt88

CMS-GT4":wmy4e83d said:
Hey Josh,
Both mwp and I run t3 top plates that have caster adjustment. The wheel sits further back and addition caster needs to be done at the lca to center the wheel in the well. At least for me due to large tires.
I'd like to see some pictures installed, if you have any. I have the Tein HA coilovers, which only have camber adjustment, and, at some point, would like to add some caster.

CMS-GT4

kilt88":3019s7sv said:
CMS-GT4":3019s7sv said:
Hey Josh,
I'd like to see some pictures installed, if you have any. I have the Tein HA coilovers, which only have camber adjustment, and, at some point, would like to add some caster.

Here is video of me installing it on my HAs. http://cmsgt4.blogspot.com/2014/07/this ... plate.html

I will likely be going to another coilover though. I spent some time talking to a chassis builder and I would have to spend a bit of money to get my strut towers modified correctly to get more stroke.

MWP

10847665_716570648449753_2254110391757509336_o.jpg

MWP

Don't know how you got that idea...
Its at minimum legal height.
From memory that's 345mm front eye brow height, 335mm rear.

CMS-GT4

I guess when you said minimum legal height I assumed it was like places here that place laws on car mods where you can not lower the car at all. So legal height is stock height in some places.

Can you give me an idea how far the center of the wheel is to the fender? These struts might work for me after all.

MWP

Oh, i forgot to mention, the rear is too low by about 10mm.
As in, its about 10mm lower than the legal height.

I need to build up some rear coilovers to fix it.

The South Australian legal heights are listed in here: http://www.sasuspension.com.au/media/do ... eights.pdf
Its actually a really good guide on how far you can drop a car without compromising on compression travel too much.

MWP

For the driving i like to do, i wont go any lower.
When i get the rear coilovers made, ill stick to those legal heights or a tad higher.

CMS-GT4

Did you measure your wheel frequency at all? Based on my car's weight my spring setup would match closer by going with 8/5kg setup, but the ratio based on the stock rates would come up with 8/7+kg.