My 1990 Celica GT Four (RC Conversion)

Does it bother you the hood makes the faux carbon trim on the front look cheesy?
That's been my concern about getting a cf hood.

Redswan

Mr Alltrac":3ayu0e59 said:
Does it bother you the hood makes the faux carbon trim on the front look cheesy?
That's been my concern about getting a cf hood.

I'm okay with it. Maybe once I get it painted to match the car it might bother me more, but it doesn't bother me right now.

Redswan

Mr Alltrac":2i66n59n said:
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?54200-The-Gen-3.5-Swap/page6

Do what lochow did, have them keep that strip at the bottom.

I will probably do that. I also have my hood trim piece from my first car (ST184/GT) 15 years ago that I wanted to add to it, probably not worth the effort though

Hotrodhendrix

Yeah I was talking with him the day he posted but after I asked for a shipping quote he quit responding. Nothing since.
Think I may just go Cx as the reviews are really high all over the net on them

Redswan

Hotrodhendrix":vfvxg224 said:
Yeah I was talking with him the day he posted but after I asked for a shipping quote he quit responding. Nothing since.
Think I may just go Cx as the reviews are really high all over the net on them

I haven't heard back either. I am working another deal. If that falls through I may go with CX as well.

Redswan

Does anyone have an opinion on the value added from either a (Cusco or similar) rear strut bar on the ST185 or a Whiteline rear sway bar in terms of handling and traction?

underscore

Sway bar first for sure, although if you want a rear strut bar you can get one for a Ford Probe/Mazda MX6 and redrill the mounting holes for cheaper.

Redswan

underscore":3sovy3zy said:
Sway bar first for sure, although if you want a rear strut bar you can get one for a Ford Probe/Mazda MX6 and redrill the mounting holes for cheaper.

cool 8) i'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

Redswan

So I swapped out the Rear differential from mt ST185 with the ST205 torsen one over lunch today. It runs like a champ.

15%2B-%2B1

I even put together a youtube video on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-suwBeqa_U

CMS-GT4

I don't think it will. The rear should, but I think there are enough differences in the front to be a problem.

Redswan

I think I decided on the whiteline brace. I think it will do the same thing.

SmallStrut.JPG

(I know thats a ST162)

I also found this Laile beatrush bar for ST205. it is a 3 point bar similar to the Jspeed and C-one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LAILE-Beatrush- ... 62&vxp=mtr

$_12.JPG

So a quick update on my build progress. I am working on building up the suspension.

1. I am working out a deal on a set of Tein HA coilovers
2. a whiteline Rear Sway Bar
3. a Whiteline front Strut Brace.

The Torsen rear LSD seems to dig in when cornering, which is pretty BA.

CMS-GT4

I know the rear strut bar is the same as the 205, but I think the front 205 one is wider and will not work, though the bolt holes are the same on the strut towers.

Car looks good, look forward to your new mods.

Edit: maybe we can find a 20x to measure for us.