ACPT C/F Driveshaft Group buy is a go!!!

Anoo21

I'm up for it too. Missed the last one and my drive shaft is shot. Moaning and the brains have to much movement.

Sifu

If there is another group buy please start another thread. That way these two issues are split. Whoever decides to run the GB please be sure to add a link here as well. Thanks.

deecee

Haven't heard of or seen a multi-piece cf driveshaft for a st205. Has any one invested the money into getting one designed and manufactured?

abraxxa

One of the guys in the gt-four.ch forums has bought an OEM ST205 driveshaft and sent it to driveshaftshop for them as a model for a two-piece carbon-fibre one.
This was three or four years ago, their quote was around 1200euros as far as I remember.
Not sure if they still have it laying around somewhere...

underscore

Stupid question, but reading back through the thread cars like the RX8 and 350Z come stock with a CF driveshaft. What are the odds that the ends on one of those could be modified to fit our cars?

CMS-GT4

underscore":1j44klih said:
Stupid question, but reading back through the thread cars like the RX8 and 350Z come stock with a CF driveshaft. What are the odds that the ends on one of those could be modified to fit our cars?

I already checked. That is why I wanted measurements. They are too short. Only way to make them work if you had a longish extension that connected and I am not even sure it would work.

Ace

I was thinking of modification of impreza or evo driveshaft too, but what it will cost? when evo/ impreza drivehaft costs 1100 and celica one costs 1550, then its IMHO not much cost effective for the trouble of making it.

underscore

If all we have to do is change the u joints it'd be worth saving $450. The stupid thing is ours used to cost $1000, I'm still kicking myself for believing ACPT would keep making them.

tHeGeeK

I have an email from the driveshaft shop back in July that quoted me $1200 plus shipping and if we had 10 Orders we would get a 10% discount.

abraxxa

Me too for a ST205 version.
ACPT should still have a used ST205 driveshaft a German GT-Four.ch forum member sent them.

deecee

Abraxxa - UK ST205 owner fitted CF prop shaft from Driveshaft shop. It is possible to get a ST205 specific item from them but I would assume that you'd have to be quite specific in ensuring you get the ST205 unit built :)

You may want to check if you have the centre bearing mounting on the trans tunnel

Here are some more details:
http://www.gt4dc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... 7&start=90

BayAreaAT

I'm already communicating with the ACPT. If I get enough people interested, the better the chance this will happen.

Price will be depending on amount of order.