Getting the 165 ready to Rally in 2015

I recommend you talk to others at Sandblast about replacement options then decide. All major suspencion manufacturers have Celica application. Depends on how much you plan to run and what you expect from your shocks. There are many rally gravel options. None of them are ever discussed on this forum for various reasons.

WideFNopen

Speaking of DMS, we started the process of cleaning and replacing seals over the weekend:

20150109_192158_zpsatxgafar.jpg

20150109_192710_zpskeztp7m7.jpg

20150109_192707_zpsmrkrtbyf.jpg

20150109_192230_zps8vonse0l.jpg

WideFNopen

Got the shocks done over the weekend. We put in fresh grease, installed new seals, bump stops, and larger breathers. Almost ready for Sandblast!

20150116_181325_zpshado44ei.jpg

20150116_181331_zpshha9lsyw.jpg

20150118_133050_zpsp2tsyunn.jpg

20150118_142701_zpsa4v4k6kz.jpg

20150118_142430_zpskbg6psf2.jpg

20150118_185212_zpsiex58xdp.jpg

20150118_185358_zps2ghchyoj.jpg

WideFNopen

Knocked out a few more things:

Wiper nozzles were upgraded to Ford F 250 units and added a third nozzle. I had also bridged the rear pump in for more pressure.

The E55 intercooler pump was not enough flow so I am upgrading it with a bilge unit.

Added screen to the heat exchanger.

20150130_122421_zpsovyce8hz.jpg

20150130_122435_zps7si0f9rh.jpg

20150131_134217_zpsm8q1sed6.jpg

20150131_142301_zpspsbw3rqa.jpg

WideFNopen

They are just for clearing the windshield. A couple of sprayers on the heat exchanger would be a decent thing to have though.

sleeper

WideFNopen":18ljrrwq said:
They are just for clearing the windshield. A couple of sprayers on the heat exchanger would be a decent thing to have though.

Ok.

If you want to install sprayers to cool down the IC radiator. st205 WRC ( limited edition road car) came with this stock. ( not activated.) These are still sold from toyota, These where put there for homogenization rules ( same as the Antilag setup witch might be a nice mod for your car.. )

WideFNopen

sleeper":139dlxmk said:
WideFNopen":139dlxmk said:

Ok.

If you want to install sprayers to cool down the IC radiator. st205 WRC ( limited edition road car) came with this stock. ( not activated.) These are still sold from toyota, These where put there for homogenization rules ( same as the Antilag setup witch might be a nice mod for your car.. )

Cool I didn't realize Toyota still sold that stuff.

Antilag technology has changed a bit since those days so I would most likely run a more modern system if I decide to go that route.

We are running a form of Antilag this year..

20150126_160614_zpsefztujdx.jpg

History has shown that with antilag available you may be better off with front mount air/air intercooler. Fewer parts and more efficient. With your fab capabilities you can do very good intake piping. All Toyota rally users recommend that by now. Unless you have a works car and want to keep it original. Intercooler water spray is all that is needed. This may have been talked about before. Sorry if I missed it.

madspeed

HI guys, I have an ST165 ice racer. suspension is mostly stock except for a welded rear diff. I am having issues with turn in and cant get the rear end to break loose. Any tips on what to do to help the car turn quicker ? possibly get rid of the sway bars ? any help appreciated.

klue

Free stuff, whats your alignment settings?

how is your diff bushing in the rear? and your rear sway bar?

sleeper

madspeed":3s6u7nne said:
HI guys, I have an ST165 ice racer. suspension is mostly stock except for a welded rear diff. I am having issues with turn in and cant get the rear end to break loose. Any tips on what to do to help the car turn quicker ? possibly get rid of the sway bars ? any help appreciated.

I would def look into your center diff. if it`s worn ( most likely it is) you will get big problems getting it to get the rear out.
try to get a new one.
lock it 100% ( there is a guide on how to do it in this forum somewhere. )
Or get a upgraded unit.

WideFNopen

Madspeed- I would look into tightening the rear in order to get it to break loose eaiser.

A good place to start would be a diff mount kit from xiii and some sway bar end links. After that look into a thicker rear sway bar and possibly a stiffer rear spring.

The center diff is also something to look at since they do wear out and I'm sure a spool will wear on it even faster.

Rallygarage- Good info as always on the Antilag and why air to air makes more sense than water to air when on antilag.

WideFNopen

Went our cruising tonight to aim the lights and work on the tune a bit. Much brighter with the new led bar, 130 watt hellas, and two new lenses.

20150215_185743_zpsnhre8gnd.jpg

20150215_185750_zpsnlkfqvat.jpg

20150214_190720_zpsrldycn2z.jpg

klue

Light bar looks awesome guys!

Looks like you could do with a shift extender, let me know if you want me to make up one for you

WideFNopen

klue":2pejo42h said:
Light bar looks awesome guys!

Looks like you could do with a shift extender, let me know if you want me to make up one for you

Yes we would definitely be interested in anything we can do to keep my hands closer to the wheel.

WideFNopen

Well......I put the 165 into a guardrail having some fun in the winter weather. Not the end of the world but I will be looking for a passenger front fender.