My ST185

krytios

Finally got a car. Needs work but will update as work progresses.

Ordered coilovers, bunch of stuff today. Battery in process of being relocated, Optima RedTop, going to relocate the fusebox as well because it is just hanging being stupid.

Maf(is that what we have?) whatever it is it's full of oil so that will be cleaned. Suspension on it's way soon and new windshield scheduled for tomorrow. Lots of disconnected wires, no radiator fan at all (have to wire in switch and assembly) two hoses blocked off on bottom of radiator with one going to a random catch can. Tried uploading pics but they were 1.07mb and apparently the loader doesn't downsize. I will try again later. Any advice is appreciated.

CMS-GT4

Just based on reading your posts on facebook it almost seems like you should just lift the car, and strip the chassis then do it the way you like. I only suggest this because a lot of stuff is a pain in the ass on these cars, and it would give you a blank slate that way. Looking forward to what you pull off.

Redswan

Cool, welcome to AT.net. As someone who just rebuild their car, ut is totally worth it. So, stick with it. Most of the things to service are a PITA do do on this car. Good luck.

CMS-GT4

Also seeing your posts on fb go get a chassis and engine bgb. You can find them cheap on eBay. Just look for your year Toyota service manual. Normally 100 or so each but much cheaper on eBay.

krytios

Well, so far I have relocated the battery, tied up a few loose things in the engine bay, changed my oil which is desperately needed, replaced my windshield, and discovered more problems.

Car has a salvage/rebuilt title that I was previously unaware of, so that sucks. Also, driving home today the car started bucking and bogging if I gave it any more than just barely any throttle. So that was fun. And during my investigation of the bogging issue (which I believe was related to melted alternator wires, or ECU limiting the car as it happened after the car was warm) I discovered that my timing belt is walking across the pulleys and shredding itself against parts of the motor.

Hopefully I can replace the tensioner without removing the timing belt itself, as that would make my life much easier. Otherwise I have a seriously sick 3sgte.

BUT!!! My car has a brand new pretty windshield, and I did get to drive it today. I am pissed off at the car today so I have ceased all operations on it until tomorrow. :bangshead: