st215 issue

UtahSleeper

So, I imagine the diagnostics will be similar for most motors, but this question is in regards to a st215 motor I have installed and running in a st165.

Up until today, the car started and seemed to drive fine. Today it doesn't want to rev. If you push the gas to the ground it tries to do die. I can feather it a little and get the revs between 2k and 3k.

Torque is telling me code P0135, IIRC, which is just o2 heater so shouldn't cause an issue. Torque also seems to give me a vacuum reading, so I dont imagine it would be the map sensor.

Any assistance is appreciated.

UtahSleeper

Also other side notes.

FP is louder then I remember, but it does turn on. Having the Fp and B+ jumped does not change behavior.
Car is now taking longer to finally start and some times will idle really low after starting.
If I barely push the throttle(like a couple degrees) the motor will start climbing.

klue

fuel pump is louder than before?
do you have gas? check the fuel pressure maybe you have a restriction

UtahSleeper

Fuel filter is new and I have added gas just incase. Gauge shows just a little under 1/2.

And the pump does sound louder with the pump jumped, use to be more of a humming, now it just sounds louder/worse.

It is just wierd cause every now and then I start it and it idles up to 1500 and sounds great, other times it barely starts and puts. This has all been today.

I will try and replace the fuel filter also, just incase old sludge made its way up. There has been old gas in the tank.

If you have bad gas it will sink below the good stuff so adding wont really help till you get the junk at the bottom out. Take the filter off and pump a bunch out into a can or something and then try it. Have you checked the plugs for information?

UtahSleeper

CTechBlueDragon":1m5vf97r said:
If you have bad gas it will sink below the good stuff so adding wont really help till you get the junk at the bottom out. Take the filter off and pump a bunch out into a can or something and then try it. Have you checked the plugs for information?

I have not checked plugs yet as this issue just came up yesterday after I got home and decided to move the car out of the garage. So, I tinkered with it yesterday, but wasn't really in a spot to dig to deep.

I was planning on changing the filter incase it got clogged up with crap from the tank. The filter is new, but I imagine the tank may have some crap. And I always forget about using the pump to get old gas out. Thanks. I will probably do that this weekend to remove old shit as well as see what type of pressure the pump is putting out.

I am leaning towards pump since the ECU is not reporting any issues and the pump sounds different then it has before, but no need to jump to replacing till I check all of the "easy" things. Just weird for it to run great on Monday and then pull this crap on Thursday. Guess she doesn't feel like leaving the garage right now.

Thanks for the input.