Project IG-88 (91AT) **PICS**

celica_gtx

Redswan":3qa6ed7h said:
celica_gtx":3qa6ed7h said:
Figured out why some answers.

Freaking oil pump decided to died..
FmL :x

Tough break Nick, hopefully it is a quick turn around

Thanks dude!! Literally I had the car on the ground ready for its glorious return. When I noticed it. Praying nothing else was damaged!..

I went ahead and got a 98+ camry /solar oil pump. And I'll use my 3s gear t-belt according to some other threads it'll be a high volume pump.

And at half price. Yoda wanted $226 n I got an oem for $116 shipped. So we will see.

I have an oil pressure gauge wired up now as well. I thought I installed it wrong but I guess it was working if it read 0!!
lol
So hopefully I'll see some better numbers?
Bgb says 4.3psi at idle and 36-71psi @3k.

So I won't know for a couple of weeks as I planned to do it this weekend and that just got filled w other stuff.

celica_gtx

Good news problem is solved and I'm only a good hour or two from being off jack stands!!

Peep link to see what happened.

But yea only crappy part is I probably won't be able to touch it for a week or 2. I hope not.!

celica_gtx

Alright.. time to revive this.. alot has changed since the last update..I've decided to go the caldina route. I found that no 3 was was low in comp as I was getting ready to go with an aem standalone, so I tossed it.

Finally sold off most of the parts and raised funds to get my swap done. Well now that I have most of my parts in or on the way I'd do an update.

So pics to come.. can't wait to get back on the road after missing az beautiful boost season..