Damn kids

I work as a Drill Sergeant at the MT Youth Challenge Program and the kids are 16-18 yrs old. So I see all kinds of ricer kids. They always wanna talk about my trac and ask " will I "launch" it for them one day?" Today a kid says to me. " it can't be that fast it's not Hellaflush. If it was any kind of fast car it would have tons of camber. My buddies b16 civic has so much camber he eats through sidewalls in a month! Now that's power!"
I proceeded to 1. Make him do push ups for even speaking of Hellaflush in my presence. 2. Asked him when the last time he saw an 1100hp supra with tons of camber was and 3. Told him his buddy's civic was lame and burnt through sidewalls cuz that much camber is for mouth breathing Heathens and window lickers. I told him I would sticker bomb my turbo housing to squeeze out 50 horse. What in the hell has happened to the car scene? He also told me I had no street cred because I have 15in. Borbet wheels and no tint. Told him I couldnt keep tint on because the trac spools so hard it peels the tint off. He gave me this look :shock: goddamn kids these days...

underscore

Anyone driving a car with excessive camber should be punted in the groin for driving such a hazard on the roads.

Awesome-Trac

damn if i heard kids telling me to camber my wheels and become hellaflush id grab a warm towel, place it on the backside of my hand, let it warm, remove the towel and BACKSLAP THEM RIGHT IN THE FACE!!! "see my hand its HELLAFAST"

Redswan

Ay yo, yous ain't got no street cred. Boo yaka!

ali-masinoj.jpg

This is where you might want to give this kid a proper test drive in your 'Four and let the experience speak for itself. Although to their credit at least they know what these cars are... :D

Redswan

AlltracAvenger":2udxa7g3 said:
This is where you might want to give this kid a proper test drive in your 'Four and let the experience speak for itself. Although to their credit at least they know what these cars are... :D

Is it bad if I don't know what "hellaflush" is? Is it like some sort of recaro car seat toilet?

Redswan":1knqhbri said:
Is it bad if I don't know what "hellaflush" is? Is it like some sort of recaro car seat toilet?

:rofl:

I think this particular website sums up the 'hellaflush movement' exactly:

http://driven-daily.com/helladumb/

This is why, as a BMW owner, I tend to distance myself from the whole stance/hellaflush fanboy types. They make the general enthusiast population look bad. -.-

underscore

My big problem with "hellaflush" is that it's dangerous. I don't give a rats butt if someone wants to make their car ugly, just don't go taking away all the contact patch and suspension travel and then take it on the road.

the 1st day they saw my car they asked "Sgt. Keene how can you drive a Probe?" One of the kids to his immense credit was like "you moron thats a celica not a probe!. Only reason he knew was i guess his dad has an 89 GTS Liftback thats in like new condition. I have to hear them drone on about their B16's and K20's and garbage as well as listen to them tell about the horrendous mods they would do to my car if it was theirs. They always want me to "launch" it when i leave work and get all bummed when i dont. I told them im not going to launch it because i love my car and i have owned it for 10 years because i care for it and dont drive it like a moron. what is happening to the young car culture?

Sifu

Car scenes change with every decade and with that you're going to get a little bit of everything. I wouldn't take too much to heart. Even if hellaflush or ABC Honda soup isn't your tea you should at least appreciate that they enjoy cars.

Sifu

I dunno. Kids that age have very little in common with me (just getting older). If teenagers were to hold a conversation with me about my hobbies and also generally respect it then I'd say they respect you. I would take tho as an opportunity to branch it out more. Yes, its an older car. Yes its not as fast as 1-2-3 examples. Yes it requires some maintenance and upkeep but there are reasons for why you do it. So I would tutor them some more and give them more push ups because those are handy when you need some young bucks to hold your transaxle into place under your car while its being assembled.

Gios90_3sGTS

This post made me smile too. It's so true. This young kid told me to pop a hole in my exhaust so it would sound as fast as I say it is... He says all his friend do it to there subarus. FML. I love my 90 all Trac. I want it to purr forever