ATX CS.

TheNubkins

I just read through the entire project. You sure have done a lot!! With ups and downs and more ups and downs. It seems that's how things go when too much is changed hey? I really like the end product. Your engine bay turned out amazing. One day I hope to get to a similar level of detail with mine. I bet you really are loving the better power curve of the smaller turbo too. I personally wouldn't want to go any larger with my T3/T4. It think it's the perfect blend of peak power and overall streetability, but I will admit there are times though where I do wish it had a bit more response down low.

I realized I'm mad at you...you didn't put much detail into your gauge install!! :p The thing just sorta snuck into the scene via pictures. LOL. How hard was it to install/wire? It sure looks nice and updates the car a lot. I know you commented about your admiration of the Stack gauge, but really I think the S2000 cluster looks better and suits the car better. It's got that OEM design quality that the aftermarket just hasn't been able to capture, as nice as the Stack gauges are. How did the price compare to going the Stack route?

CSAlltrac

Thank you Nubkins. It has defiantly put me through a number of "Alltrac mood swings" but she is good to me overall. My new setup is phenomenal, its not the fastest car out there but I could care less anymore. It runs very smooth on the AEM and the drive ability with it on the stock turbo is perfect. I do plan to get a CT20B in the future. The stock CT26 I have currently is the ceramic one and that makes me nervous. ATS is developing a billet CT27 that I may go with as well.
For my cluster swap, it was a huge challenge to get it functioning correctly and accurate. My situation was different than most though due to my stock speedo signal malfunctioning. I had to set up a stand alone hall effect sensor for a speedometer pulse signal. Theres a number of inputs for the cluster that require a different signal than the Alltrac gives, for instance a 12v square vs a 5v square. Cost wise I have about $600 into everything give or take with the cluster being the most costly portion. Finding one with pigtails is a challenge in itself, the Honda guys have beat the hell out of that mod so clean ones with intact wiring are scarce. This cost vs a STACK dash, Im only short about $1200 :p Someday maybe.

EvanP246

Why wouldn't you go with a GTX2867? That seems like the right turbo for your needs. Very close boost threshold to a 20B with loads more power potential.

CSAlltrac

Just want to keep things super simple these days. No adapters, no open WG, no different DP, no oil feed/return shenanigans. Just want to stay in the Toyota reliability but have a slightly better turbo.

CSAlltrac

Wanted to give you guys an update. I havent done much to the car, she mostly spends her time under the cover in the garage now but I did get some new parts. Super excited about both new items. First one is lighting. I purchased the H4 hi-low kit from theretrofitsource.com and am extremely pleased with it. The quality is second to none with their kits and the light is very controlled paired with the HELLA E-Codes and actually has a cutoff rather than just blinding everyone.

The second item or items has set my car off huge IMO. Ive been searching for these for a while with these specs and the deal finally came across my path so I jumped on them. Few more parts planned for the near future. :D In the meantime hears a few cell pictures. Another photoshoot is coming very soon.

CSAlltrac

Ill have to snap a pic of it next time I night drive, or drive period for that matter. It is pretty sad how little I drive her now. TX roads are about the worst thing ever. I miss home so much when it comes to that aspect.

Twincam.22

This is. Fantastic build credit where it's due!

Could you tell me what size spacer you use on the rear, what exhaust your running and Ido you have any trouble running no asbestos heat guard under the bonnet?

CSAlltrac

I ordered the H4 Morimoto kit.
The spacing is 25mm out back, HKS silent power, and the only issue I've had is a tiny bit of paint boil right above the turbo on the hood