ST165 fuel tank removal

UtahSleeper

Is there any tricks to disconnecting what I assume is the fuel pressure line. It is screwed and there is not alot of space to get 2 wrenches in there to undo it.

Or should I cut this and replace it with just a fuel line?

UtahSleeper

I am under it and to the side of it. I removed the wheel, but where the fuel line is, the liner didn't impact access.

I mean the line going from the fuel pump, not the filler neck, if thats what your referencing.

black88alltrac

i just dropped mine, when i removed the liner you could see all three lines, the vent, the feed and return, there were 3 rubber hoses, i undid the clamps and slid the hoses off then undid the filler neck and the tank straps and dropped the tank

UtahSleeper

Guess thats my issue. The feed line doesn't have a hose clamp I can get to. The line is screwed into the tank line, so I need to fit a 19mm on one side and a 14mm on the other. Not enough room for it lol, with the axle and suspension stuff there. Or do I need to lower the tank to get to the feed line better?

black88alltrac

ok maybe someone cut my hardline and replaced it with a rubber hose you can also lower the tank to get access from above the tank, its crappy doing it that way, very hard to reach but you can still do it.

2RM

I would try using line wrenches. I know exactly what you are talking about. I have recently dropped my tank on st185 though but im sure its not that different. That "S" shaped line connects in two places on the fuel pump bracket and on the fuel line. I have undone it at the fuel line, and that you can drop the tank and un do it at the bracket if you need to replace it.