My 1990 Celica GT Four (RC Conversion)

Redswan

So today I bought and installed a pair of 50mm (2inch) rear spacers to bring the rear wheels out further. So far I like them much better than the 35mm ones i had on there before.

Twincam.22

Could you stick up a picture of the new 50mm spacers please? I can't seem to see you pics on any of the posts have you another format I can see them on? Thaks

Redswan

Sorry to leave you folks hanging. I had to wait for the right opportunity to get some pictures.

15%2B-%2B1

15%2B-%2B1

So here is the before and after shots. The issue I had was that these wheels are a 48 ET which is about 13mm difference from the factory offset.I tried to use something easy like 35mm, but I didn't like the rear gap it seemed like the rear hips didn't match the legs. To me it looked like a big booty with tiny little legs. So I ordered a pair of hub centric wheel spacers in 50mm and everything liked up nicely in the back.

Before (35mm spacer on 48ET)
15%2B-%2B2

After: (50mm spacer on 45ET)
15%2B-%2B1

Redswan

celica_gtx":27h9kotw said:
Pics or ban of rear spacers!!! 8)

How's the car feeling with the rear sway?
I finally got my car back on the road!!

Congrats on getting it back on the road. I need to get it up to big bear or some other twisty mountain roads. My first and last trip out in it It seems to have removed a lot of the understeer. The back follows the front nicely. I ordered the front strut brace which should be here this week.

So to date I have installed:
Tein HA coilovers with EDFC
Cusco lower brace
and the whiteline rear sway bar.
the ST205 torsen LSD

So far I really like how it handles.

celica_gtx

Very nice!!! Great minds think alike!been doing a lot of reading just on suspension and all so I had picked up that adjustable cusco front strut tower brace. So for now that's the past piece! I have updated my build yet

Redswan

celica_gtx":3vyo6tl8 said:
Very nice!!! Great minds think alike!been doing a lot of reading just on suspension and all so I had picked up that adjustable cusco front strut tower brace. So for now that's the past piece! I have updated my build yet

Thanks, I went with whiteline for the front brace, because the tension is adjustable, but it retains the factory brace too. So you get a triangle of support.

Redswan

celica_gtx":32kd738j said:
http://shop.edoperformance.com/cusco-front-strut-bar-type-for-toyota-celica-st185-celica-gt4-p-12773.html

Like this

Whiteline mounts like this on top, to make a triangular setup
EngneCompartment3.jpg

and the lower cusco bar mounts like this:
14%2B-%2B1%284%29.jpg

celica_gtx

I'm sure I'll be able to put down the cusco FSTB then place the stock one on top to do that. But w adjustability to tension it would it be necessary? Get that extra brace to the fire wall

Redswan

celica_gtx":3ht7hrnf said:
But w adjustability to tension it would it be necessary? Get that extra brace to the fire wall

I want to have both. I think that having the front as stiff as possible is the goal (that's what she said anyway). My gut tells me that it is all overrated and not as useful as the addition of the RSB.

Redswan

I went on a little bit of a shopping spree this week in preparation for this meet in San Pedro next month.

I removed the cup holder and put the HKS EVC and Tein EDFC in its place.
15%2B-%2B1

I decided to break down and buy a ZZT231 embroidered trunk mat as well as a new toyota badge.
%24_57.JPG

%24_57%2B%281%29.JPG

After a month of waiting for my whiteline front strut bar, I decided to cancel the order. Its probably just bling anyway :p

CMS-GT4

There is a post on the 5th gen celica fb group where they redrill a neon strut brace to fit. The design is similar to whiteline. Trumanpriest has on that he just did, but I don't think he has posted it on the forums.

EDIT: I added you to the group. I would suggest turning off notifications.

FC Zach

CMS-GT4":bkgfu181 said:
There is a post on the 5th gen celica fb group where they redrill a neon strut brace to fit. The design is similar to whiteline. Trumanpriest has on that he just did, but I don't think he has posted it on the forums.

SRT4 neon? I'd be interested in finding one of these as I really like the Whiteline designed brace.

Edit: It's the j-speed design I like, one solid piece. Too bad it's discontinued. .

Redswan

FC Zach":3jdtr64v said:
CMS-GT4":3jdtr64v said:

SRT4 neon? I'd be interested in finding one of these as I really like the Whiteline designed brace.

Edit: It's the j-speed design I like, one solid piece. Too bad it's discontinued. .

Do you know what else is discontinued? That TRD shift knob :p

Redswan

CMS-GT4":h6jlailu said:

Thanks for the tip and the add Josh.