custom engine harness

st185rios05

does anyone know of a company that makes alltrac harnesses kinda like wiring specialties does for nissans i got 1990 alltrac with 1990 jdm 3sgte i used factory harness but before i got the car the harness had been torn up and pigtails stolen ive pieced it all back together and its fine but i want my piece of mind.

fussellbug

I know of two guys who do custom harness work.

The first is Dr. Tweak. He runs a shop that specializes in combining harnesses for Toyota engine swaps. Depending on his current workload it may take him a couple of months th finish a harness and it won't be cheap, but it will look like a factory harness when he's done.
http://www.tweakdperformance.com/index2.html

The second is a member of this forum, MR220V. He is really well known in the MR2 forums and also does custom harness work. I've also heard that his prices are reasonable and his work is at least as good as Dr. Tweak.

anothergt4

I looked into building these harnesses and was trying to find all of the connectors. They can still be had from a company called tyco (I believe) but the guy I was working with said if have to go through their catalogues to find them all. I got about half of them found then I have up. I had everything written down along with lengths, if I can dig it up, I'd pass it on to someone with free time, but after looking into it, I would say anything between $500- $650 would be ideal for the work that would go into one of these harnesses, which was the other reason I stopped looking, as I doubt too many people that own alltracs would be the type of people to pay that. I'm not knocking on people, I built my own with junkyard connectors.

As of January 2015, dr tweak does not work on the 3sgte platform. I had called a few months ago and they pretty much only do 1jz and 2jz wiring harness for swaps in toyota's.
Mr2guru is the other person I know that usually will build a harness for the 3s.

I would pay that much for a clean install. I don't really care what my car is worth to other people at this point..

mkernz22

anothergt4":lta83l9o said:
I looked into building these harnesses and was trying to find all of the connectors. They can still be had from a company called tyco (I believe) but the guy I was working with said if have to go through their catalogues to find them all. I got about half of them found then I have up. I had everything written down along with lengths, if I can dig it up, I'd pass it on to someone with free time, but after looking into it, I would say anything between $500- $650 would be ideal for the work that would go into one of these harnesses, which was the other reason I stopped looking, as I doubt too many people that own alltracs would be the type of people to pay that. I'm not knocking on people, I built my own with junkyard connectors.

Can you send me the info and the catalog? I would send it to someone to get done, but I really would like to do it myself. Thanks! :)

Eurus

013":2cthef0q said:
I would like the info and catalog too if you get a chance. Thanks
Same here, I plan on rebuilding my harness soon, as the wires are dry and cracking.

The best piece of mind is learning how to do it yourself so you know it is done right and you can repair any future problems.
You give a man a fish you feed him for a day, you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.

That being said... the tweaked harness in my car works sweet... lol :shrug:

Redrkt01

CTechBlueDragon":ktlebx1n said:
The best piece of mind is learning how to do it yourself so you know it is done right and you can repair any future problems.
You give a man a fish you feed him for a day, you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.

That being said... the tweaked harness in my car works sweet... lol :shrug:

I agree up to the point about a tweak harness. He cut several lengths too short on mine and the diag port was deleted as was wiring for my cruise. I had to stub that in and after doing that will always build my own.

True I did do a little tweaking of my own to make things fit better. I have yet to deal with the diagnostic port problem which really sucks.... I am going to be stripping it and converting it to the 90 Camry Alltrac it is going in now so I guess I will see how much extra work he left me. So other than that stuff at-least its been drivable, I guess that is his bottom line standard? lol

killemalltrac

I have a Dr. Tweak harness and it is really nice. If I were to do it again I would just have Kris from KO racing build me one. He does excellent work. Ideal scenario is definitely to learn to do it yourself. But who has time for that? haha!

anothergt4

The catalogue for the connectors is on their website, I'll try to get a link, but you have to sign up with a fake account to see it if I remember correctly, they have 3d images of every connector, it's really a neat setup, there is just so much in there. As for pins they said they could look up what works with the different connectors, I still have not found my notepad.