Will this MR2 turbo kit fit on my ST185

EvanP246

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to purchase this turbo kit:

CAM12331_zpsrh6vlbch.jpg

CAM12332_zpsdafzlxsn.jpg

CAM12336_zpsg6txq1uu.jpg

It was on an MR2 previously. Does anyone know if this will fit on a GT-Four without any major mods?

Thanks,

Evan

Sifu

The kit will fit our motors obviously but its the clearance that causes most header issues. Either the exhaust header is too close to the radiator (vs the MR2 firewall) or the header (intake or exhaust) wont clear the hood or firewall. Get measurements. If its a kit from an MR2 service provider then maybe you can call and ask otherwise get measurements and base those compared to stock measurements.
Just by looking at it I think it will clear both the rad and hood.

Spectra1

I have that same manifold with a gt35r turbo. It clears everything except the number one cylinder runner needs to be cut out and re angled to clear the alternator.

Spectra1

Also the down pipe clearance with the ac pump was to close for attachment of the lines. Im not sure if that screamer pipe will fit as mine was one long flex section. These kits were made by a company called extreme boost if I remember correctly. They are decent quality but the manufacturer had really bad buisness skills and went under.