88 AllTrac Re-Build

sandusky1977

Ok,. so I've had it less than a month, and I've been able to find a fender, hood, headlight, and am on the way to getting this thing road ready. I even took it for a short drive yesterday to see what else it needs.

Here is what it looked like when I picked it up,...
driver-side-trailer.jpg

passenger-side-before.jpg

hoods-off.jpg

It's coming along, I've straightened the subframe so I could mount the fender and hood,.
passenger-side-new-hood-and-fender.jpg

front-corner-new-hood.jpg

More to come, I've got a new side skirt coming from a member, and I'm still looking for a replacement grille, and passenger side marker. I'm also trying to decide on cutting and welding in a rear quarter, or having the body shop go to town on repairing it. At the moment I have to figure out whey it's running rough.

Took it for a drive yesterday and everytime you push the gas pedal beyond 10% it backfires, if you are careful to use sparingly you can hear it start to make boost and it will accelerate. Time to start reading up on the EGR delete and a few other things as it's been done and I'm sure it wasn't quite right. Also need to get my hands on a set of the books from ebay for this car.

More to come,...

Bempa

Good to see it being rescued rather then scrapped. Good luck with rebuild. I actually have a NOS rear right quarter panel for a ST162. I think the shipping would be a killer though

sandusky1977

Where are you located? I have alternative shipping from a lot of locations and may be able to have it picked up and brought to me.

sandusky1977

Just have a grille to buy, and need to find a rear quarter.

I've just figured out my over boost issues that had been throwing it into limp mode. So now it is drivable again.

Still want a couple other odds and ends but it should be good to drive for winter and off to the body shop this spring.

Bempa

Nice that you found the overboost problem. What was the problem with that?

Those grilles seems hard to find nowadays in good shape, almost everyone is busted.

Keep it up
/Benny

sandusky1977

First problem was an electronic boost gauge that wasn't working right, second was not knowing that the vehicle was going to limp mode once it overboosted and that you need to shut off the car to get back out of it. So I was making adjustments to the MBC while it was in limp mode and still having the problem.

I've found that the dealerships can still get you the grille, new old stock, however it's pricey so I've been holding off on it for the moment.

Anoo21

Hey do you happen to know the part number for the grill? I need a new one too just haven't found anything.

sandusky1977":3urxabjp said:
First problem was an electronic boost gauge that wasn't working right, second was not knowing that the vehicle was going to limp mode once it overboosted and that you need to shut off the car to get back out of it. So I was making adjustments to the MBC while it was in limp mode and still having the problem.

I've found that the dealerships can still get you the grille, new old stock, however it's pricey so I've been holding off on it for the moment.

mkernz22

http://toyotaparts.bochtoyotasouth.com/ ... nents-scat

Anoo21":2o17vxja said:
Hey do you happen to know the part number for the grill? I need a new one too just haven't found anything.

sandusky1977":2o17vxja said: