Project CMS

GT4times2

CMS-GT4":2l0mzuyp said:
Installed some new engine mounts so I can hopefully autox this weekend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zffrVWau23c

Sweet. I have a set of engine mounts on (my ST185) from Speed-Source. Aren't they the same? I haven't driven the car yet to give my 2 cents on how well they perform. Anyone have leads on side mounts? I've been looking for one for a few weeks now.

Rock Auto and Partsgeek seems to be vague about their parts on the site. Please give me a heads up. Have you tried the side mounts from Klue's kit? If I don't find a stock replacement, I may go that route. I hear it may be unbearable, but since it won't be driven daily, I may have to deal with it. I'm also sure the GTS mounts would fit. (There's a local guy that fills them with a harder rubber compound. Locals speak highly of his work. I might give him a check too).

I didn't know you had so many vids on Youtube. Thanks for sharing. (Using a Go Pro?).

Keep us updated with the good work.

CMS-GT4

GT4times2":3fr7wk7e said:
CMS-GT4":3fr7wk7e said:
I'm still looking at areas to go other than Pigeon Forge. If not, Pigeon Forge, it will be. Looked at Crossville,TN for boar and wild turkey hunting excursions (2.5 hrs away from North Atlanta). If you know of any, closer to GA, please let me know. PM me if you know of any. Thanks in advance.

I have been thinking about a used IS-f lately, but who knows. Likely nothing will change here car wise for a while. I have land in Crossville on the catoosa. I don't hunt though, so I don't know of any other place.
If you want to try food when your headed towards PF, there is some good places in Knoxville. Plum Tree has authentic asian food if you order off the menu. Sometimes they have Malaysian stuff too. Gondolier makes my favorite calzones. Petros are a local creation, though you may have had them before. Fuji's is a good cheap Japanese steak house style food to go. They perfected the shrimp sauce.

In other news. I finished wiring a bunch of stuff under the dash. Got an autox on sunday, and my 205 transmission came in today. That was fun unloading by myself.
11374118_472435382928099_1510816892_n.jpg

Roundy

CMS-GT4":2vwgaasz said:
Here is a mock up of the racerx arms.
11312530_817196951728271_1607102636_n.jpg

How is this progressing?

Considering my next move on suspension, and this looks like a good way to shed weight, and also maybe fiddle with the roll centre.

CMS-GT4

I am unsure of current development. We took a break while I recouped funds. I had bought a new exhaust, and 205 transmission, so I was short. I just emailed him yesterday that I have the funds again and that he could get back to development. I know its all low priority for him, since his money is mostly made from the mr2 and frs guys.
In our last discussion we had talked about a solution for the rear mount because the current design would bind if using a stock style rear mount when adjusting caster. I expect I have them before winter.

Roundy

So what is the thought for the rear mount? A rose joint?

Also, are you doing any work towards similar adjustability at the rear?

CMS-GT4

I have plans for the rear when budget permits. Seems racer x also has misalignment bushings that might be the right size for the rear. The biggest hurdle is dealing with the eccentric hole for the toe arm.

The idea I suggested was to make a bracket with a stud on it and the rear section can be how modern cars like the 7th gen and frs have their horizontal bracket.

zaluss

CMS-GT4

zaluss":xix4a1ym said:
CMS-GT4":xix4a1ym said:
I installed and tested the TOYOBD1 device.
Video is a general review, and the blog goes more in depth. It has allowed me to data log my st205 ecu, and begin troubleshooting a few things.
https://youtu.be/IXpRoPwYqSo
http://cmsgt4.blogspot.com/2015/09/toyo ... -obd1.html
Nice. I was using this with my st205 ECU also. For some reason I couldn't get it to work with the MR2 gen3 ECU. It's like the te2 pin isn't there. I haven't cracked it open though.

I know some of the pins are different on the mr2 ecu. I wonder it's just another location.

CMS-GT4

st182er":ysclgvny said:
why the girly twin tips

Well I ordered an hks silent a while back. The order keeps getting pushed back and was told maybe December. So I canceled the order when I found the twin tip for sale locally. The sard broke away from the piping and the muffler did nothing now. I like twin tips myself but I prefer other designs to this one. Down the road I'll replace this muffler but for now it's an improvement to what I had.

CMS-GT4

Just an ebay twin tip. Still trying to get it on. The rear is done, but now I have to mess with my mid pipe since it was welded. I rather use my old midpipe than the new one since I have not had any issues at the crossmember. The shape to the new one is slightly different. The problem is my old midpipe is too long.

88st165

I have that one as well. I actually had it twice now. Sold it originally bc I thought it was too quiet but now that I'm older I appreciate the quietness much more. Both times I've had it it needed some massaging to fit though the first one several years ago fit much better out of the box than the one I got last year. I also had an Aussie twin tip several years ago and it also hot the rear subframe but not nearly as bad as both the SSAC. The only exhaust that I've had that fit perfect is the HKS sport but that's prob bc it's only 2.5". I looked for a new one and they wanted $655 online. So I said forget that and got another SSAC to cut up and fit. Wish you were selling your old sard exhaust when I was looking I would have bought that from you.

CMS-GT4

I am selling the old sard. The problem is the muffler is detached from the piping. So essentially I am selling some 2.5" piping for a diy kit. I was thinking the sard could be fixed, but the muffler is likely more trouble than its worth to fix. I just had not updated my for sale thread yet.

CMS-GT4

This is how the muffler was attached once I took it off. So.... it wasn't. Which explains how the car ended up so loud.

Attachments

• 12064078_10153702353743593_1679380844_n.jpg
    12064078_10153702353743593_1679380844_n.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1,829

88st165

Haha loud is relative I guess. I've been running open mid pipe for almost as long as I've owned the car but I only drive to autox or track events mostly. Never really casually drive the car much. I want to change that so hence the need for an exhaust haha. Yea that sard looks pretty beat but if the piping is in good shape it'll make a great diy kit for someone like you said.

CMS-GT4

Yeah, the piping is good. I was originally going to just get a muffler for it, but I decided to think long run and get 3" for future power goals. If this ebay exhaust had not shown up local, I likely would had waited for the HKS. I want to have this a dual purpose car, so I needed to make it quiet again. It was too loud for a conversation or for the sake of my daughters ears.

Now with the extra cash I got back from the hks, I can look for a clutch. Then I got to start saving for a cusco rear lsd. The torsen seems to be doing fine, but I don't think higher power levels and autox are going to mix with it down the road. trying to debate on keeping it, or trading it for an open housing plus cash. Its low priority though since we are at the end of the season.