ATX CS.

alltracman78

Wow, your car looks really really good man. Kudos to you on all the hard work you've put it. Now I want to go blow the dust off my car and do something to it. :p
I like the black underside of the hood. If I can ever get my car painted I might do that.

CSAlltrac

Puffy":r6aubpay said:
Looking good mate... car to the garage floor

Thank you sir, means a lot coming from you since I always looked up to your build. One week fellas and Circuit of the Americas will be hit by an Alltrac on slicks

CSAlltrac

Well guys, round 3 is coming. I did make it out to the F1 Circuit and got to take part in three sessions on slicks. The car was amazing, I had way to much fun beating up on GT3s, in the corners at least. A Celica on slicks is a serious weapon. Mid way through my third session the car started smoking and I could smell burnt oil. I brought it in since getting the F1 circuit dirty costs big. The engine developed excessive crankcase pressure and had pushed out oil everywhere as well as filled the catch can. Rings are toast, she still got herself home but I was throwing a smoke screen like Batman. There is some good news, first is that I got to abuse her on a F1 Circuit, second is that the newly installed oil cooler kept thing very cool. My water temps never hit 200 even at the end of the sessions.
So now my plan of attack is to build a bottom end. Hot tank the block, refinish it black, new raw freeze plugs. JE pistons with stock bore and 8.5 comp. ratio. Brian Crower Rods, all new bearings, high volume oil pump from ATS, and a new water pump. My head is fairly fresh since I just went through this less than three years ago but I will still get it checked and cleaned. Finally Im going to do a KO Racing kit with a Garrett 3071 with screamer pipe. Im keeping my new goals very modest with reliability in mind. Shooting for 280-300 HP max with a similar TQ number. She will be down for awhile but I will be back on the circuit soon. Photos of my latest progress, Ill update when I have one worth giving, planning on having the motor dropped this weekend. This will be my first time dropping it without a lift so wish me luck.

GT4times2

CSAlltrac":x5xbwqzt said:
Well guys, round 3 is coming. I did make it out to the F1 Circuit and got to take part in three sessions on slicks. The car was amazing, I had way to much fun beating up on GT3s, in the corners at least. A Celica on slicks is a serious weapon. Mid way through my third session the car started smoking and I could smell burnt oil. I brought it in since getting the F1 circuit dirty costs big. The engine developed excessive crankcase pressure and had pushed out oil everywhere as well as filled the catch can. Rings are toast, she still got herself home but I was throwing a smoke screen like Batman. There is some good news, first is that I got to abuse her on a F1 Circuit, second is that the newly installed oil cooler kept thing very cool. My water temps never hit 200 even at the end of the sessions.
So now my plan of attack is to build a bottom end. Hot tank the block, refinish it black, new raw freeze plugs. JE pistons with stock bore and 8.5 comp. ratio. Brian Crower Rods, all new bearings, high volume oil pump from ATS, and a new water pump. My head is fairly fresh since I just went through this less than three years ago but I will still get it checked and cleaned. Finally Im going to do a KO Racing kit with a Garrett 3071 with screamer pipe. Im keeping my new goals very modest with reliability in mind. Shooting for 280-300 HP max with a similar TQ number. She will be down for awhile but I will be back on the circuit soon. Photos of my latest progress, Ill update when I have one worth giving, planning on having the motor dropped this weekend. This will be my first time dropping it without a lift so wish me luck.

Uh oh!! Glad you had fun. I recall you trying to avoid getting into rebuilds. Bug biting again? Lol. Great turbo selection btw. They'll push more than what you want, and have minimal lag. Drove in a Saab 9-3 Viggen with a GT3071R months ago..spooled quick, wheel spin all day (once the car hooked, it was all fun). Traction is not an issue for us though. Wouldn't you be interested in going the CT20 route if you wish to stay at that hp level?

underscore

If you want the high volume oil pump don't order it from ATS, as I recall it's just an OEM 98+ 5SFE pump with the part number ground off and the price inflated. Look up the thread on here to verify which pump to use but it'll save you some money to just order it from Lithia or someplace.

CSAlltrac

CT20B doesn't allow me to punish eardrums with a screamer pipe. It's also not BB. The bug has definitely bitten again, a much more conservative bug this time.
Thanks for the heads up on the pump Underscore. I remember reading somewhere that it was a 5S pump, don't remember where though.

GT4times2

CSAlltrac":31iy2yxx said:
CT20B doesn't allow me to punish eardrums with a screamer pipe. It's also not BB. The bug has definitely bitten again, a much more conservative bug this time.
Thanks for the heads up on the pump Underscore. I remember reading somewhere that it was a 5S pump, don't remember where though.

I hear ya, loud and clear. Lol. Only a matter of time for the itch to come back. :D

underscore":31iy2yxx said:
If you want the high volume oil pump don't order it from ATS, as I recall it's just an OEM 98+ 5SFE pump with the part number ground off and the price inflated. Look up the thread on here to verify which pump to use but it'll save you some money to just order it from Lithia or someplace.

That should be correct as far as I know.

CSAlltrac

So I got the tear down all complete. Pretty obvious where the issue was. The ring gaps are a mile wide, actually unusually wide. Makes me think someone was in it before and performed a "rebuild" incorrectly. Smallest gap was .121 :shock:

Lamont

CSAlltrac":2rjdxg1l said:
Realized I never posted this. Good buddy threw this together for me. The videos didnt really capture the speed well, its such a huge track it makes me look like Im going so slow. Still happy I got to take part in this and cant wait to get back on track with her.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKSu59RJfcw

Is it OK that I cheered every time you passed a supercar? So much WIN 8) :D 8)

CSAlltrac

Lamont":zantosnd said:
CSAlltrac":zantosnd said:
Realized I never posted this. Good buddy threw this together for me. The videos didnt really capture the speed well, its such a huge track it makes me look like Im going so slow. Still happy I got to take part in this and cant wait to get back on track with her.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKSu59RJfcw

Is it OK that I cheered every time you passed a supercar? So much WIN 8) :D 8)
HaHa. Its OK. Since it was my first event at COTA they had to put me in the novice group. Im far from a novice but the guys out there with me were. It was fun beating up on them in the corners though.

Locker

I just read the entire thread. I love your attention to detail as well as your effort to keep an OE feeling. GREAT WORK! I can't wait to follow the build further

celica_gtx

I swapped the 98 5s oil pump on my motor john. I'll try to dig up the part # again I got it off eBay fairly cheap. Some one had mentioned you need swap gears to make it work but they are identical. It's on my build thread that I haven't touched in awhile now.

Edit****
15100-74030, Oil Pump

CSAlltrac

Bit of an update on the car and plans. As always I have changed my plans, I will no longer be messing with Gen2 or Gen3 stuff. Decided to go Gen4. The swap checks off all of the requirements I have for a motor and then some. With the help of Prime MR2 and Doug at WireGap it will be a plug and play swap. Currently going through the new engine I purchased performing general maintenance items. The new plan that has already started are as follows.
Gen4 JDM Engine
Timing Belt, Water Pump, Tensioner, Oil Pump Seals, New Timing Covers, New VC Gasket, Injector Seals, and a general clean up of the unit.
Will be running the stock CT15 paired with a 3"DP from Prime MR2, will control boost via HKS Electronic Boost Controller. 8LBS will be cruising and max will be around 15LBS. This should be good for a little more than what my Gen2 was doing that I was very happy with. Even better it will take away all the issues of the Gen2.
Doug at WireGap is currently building my harness.
Running my Centerforce DFX from my Gen2 since it still had break in chalk on it when I pulled it out. Having the transmission serviced to replace my speedometer drive gear that got munched by the gears. This will restore my stock pulse signal for the Gen4 ECU to read.
Also plan to setup an OBD2 Bluetooth reader and monitor engine vitals from my iPhone with one of many apps available.
Im excited for this new plan of action since the car will gain so many things. Everyone I have spoken with has had nothing but good things to say about their Gen4. I will be sure to post updates when I have them. Hoping to be back on the road by Spring. Heres a few pictures of my slow progress.
So long Gen2. P.S. You suck

Loading up her new heart. ALN JDM is a super honest and good vendor. He had 5 units and let me hand pick the one I wanted, no pressuring as I carefully looked over every one he had.

All items I wont use removed.

The beginning of Re-Assembly. :D

msanders2

I bought my gen4 through ALN JDM! the motor I received was SUPER clean. And he is very good to deal with. Got mine from him with wiring harness and ecu for $1250 shipped. Would defiantly buy from them again.