700AWHP or Bust

It was fun watching the video of the machine cutting that seat. That was my job (except on ls motors) when I worked at Texas speed and performance. I would knock in the new seats, do the valve job, blend the heads, and reassemble.

Thanks for bringing back memories ha.

BADNEWS

Finally got the car all back together with the new valve train and .051" (1.3mm) head gasket. The thicker head gasket brings my compression down to 9.7. With the thicker head gasket my cam gears had to be moved to retarded 2 degrees for both intake and exhaust for the cams to be at HKS spec.

Here is a video of it running at idle:
https://youtu.be/ZWrXF19V20s

Here is a video of me free revving it (it was raining so I felt I needed to have some fun):
https://youtu.be/gDspwPb2EAU

aus jd 2703

Hey Ryan reading back you plastigauged your mains to 0.002"-0.003" oil clearance.
Couple questions. Are the rods and crank mains about the same clearance?
Did you notice a drop in base oil pressure? As stock are 0.0009" to 0.0017" from memory.
About to set my motor up and deciding on main clearances

GT4_DRED

FWIW.. I'm running 0.025mm (0.001”) extra clearance on both rods and mains without a drop in oil press (un-shimmed camry pump with 3s gear). Ryan's running looser specs based on what he's doing, but also has more pump as a result.

Hopefully next will be to finally be happy with an insane amount of power and just maintain it. Why is it everyone that has these crazy builds are never happy and have to keep pushing until they ruin all the hard work they did? I just don't understand the mindset. You already are well over what you were shooting for... why keep pushing it? I think your car is awesome by the way and it all looks amazing under the hood and outside as well so don't get me wrong I am not hating on you.

GT4times2

CTechBlueDragon":2shinesa said:
Hopefully next will be to finally be happy with an insane amount of power and just maintain it. Why is it everyone that has these crazy builds are never happy and have to keep pushing until they ruin all the hard work they did? I just don't understand the mindset. You already are well over what you were shooting for... why keep pushing it? I think your car is awesome by the way and it all looks amazing under the hood and outside as well so don't get me wrong I am not hating on you.

Impressive numbers and build, to say the least!! 800+whp is nothing to laugh at.

It's human nature, to keep pushing it (for many). Power can be addictive and some have insatiable appetites. But I understand what you're saying. After years of trailer queen'ing (that's not a verb btw.. :p ), I prefer something that starts and drives every time, while providing smiles in every gear.

BADNEWS

Toyotalevin":186ucomy said:
When the head was at machine shop it look like some welding was on the surface of the head where the water travel

Oh the video? That is not my head. That was just an example. That was some drag motor that doesn't use coolant.