Reputable JDM engine supplier

corax

Hi all, with the plethora of JDM engine suppliers on the internet and ebay, I was hoping to get some feedback from the community on who seems to do an alright job and who to avoid in the US.

The engine I'm looking to get isn't for my ST165, but rather a 3SGE BEAMS for my RWD RA64. I've heard it's pretty much a crap-shoot ordering an engine from anyone, but with no suppliers in the PNW with a 3SGE that I can see in person before forking over cash, I get a bit worried.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks

non-AWD pic just because
10348443_10202953514651983_8849244474299082409_n_zps01419452.jpg

msanders2

that is the only coupe celica I like.
I used ALNJDM and they have awesome customer service and the gen4 3sgte I got which now belongs to gt4_dred is super super clean.

I don't know about those guys, the link I'm posting is a video that's been around for a while and they also had a pretty bad reputation in the Nissan S-chassis community from what I remember. Their Google, Yelp, and general internet forum reviews aren't all that hot either. If you can't buy locally, at the very least do yourself a favor and avoid buying an engine online from a Canadian-based seller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DpX9aV7IRg

zaluss

I bought mine from here https://jspecauto.com/jdm-engines/146/t ... Z-Engine(s).

It was significantly more expensive ($2000 shipped) than some of the ebay listings but communication overall fantastic, shipping was quick, and it was packed extremely well. They provided a video of the compression test as well. Some other sites do this but be careful as they use the same video for multiple engines. Jspec at least puts in the block SN in the video to prove its only for that motor.

CSAlltrac

+1 for ALNJDM. Very stand up guy and honest. Don't expect a brand new motor from anybody though, I think that's where people get pissed. Expectations of a like new motor when they are purchasing a USED motor.

corax

CSAlltrac":36khzi7f said:
Expectations of a like new motor when they are purchasing a USED motor.

Yeah, they're all pretty much junkyard engines from another country. Luckily, most seem to price the engine/trans/harness/ecu that I'm looking at about the same.
Unfortunately ALNJDM doesn't have a RWD 3SGE Blacktop listed in stock
I'll check out JSpec - they have 1 3S listed, but it's an auto trans :( . JDM Engines Corp & JDM Engine Depot seem about the same in BBB and other reviews - some good, some bad. I try to take online reviews with a grain of salt, any business will have pissed off customers.

Thanks much for the info and feedback - I should be ordering in a couple days, hope to get it before the end of the year and all sorted for the first RallyX next year