ATX CS.

CSAlltrac

Little bit of an update. Shes very close, It may not be the fastest when done but Im finding that less and less important, am I getting old!? I plan to track the car at CotA a LOT more as well as some long road trips. The main trip Im shooting for is Touge Fest. Based in NC at Tail of the Dragon in November. 17 hours one way split over about a week and a half with my fiance in the car is my form of bliss. Made a little headway tonight, have to pick up the flywheel and trans from service and perform more assembly. Then it will be onto getting it into the car. Not afraid though, been through it many times on mine as well as many others; more to come.

GT4times2

CSAlltrac":fqgvrw4q said:
Little bit of an update. Shes very close, It may not be the fastest when done but Im finding that less and less important, am I getting old!? I plan to track the car at CotA a LOT more as well as some long road trips. The main trip Im shooting for is Touge Fest. Based in NC at Tail of the Dragon in November. 17 hours one way split over about a week and a half with my fiance in the car is my form of bliss. Made a little headway tonight, have to pick up the flywheel and trans from service and perform more assembly. Then it will be onto getting it into the car. Not afraid though, been through it many times on mine as well as many others; more to come.

Looking great!! Clean as expected.

Are you getting old? I ask myself that question every time I turn wrenches and look at how my goals have changed for these Alltracs (not counting physical activities with my kids :oops: ). It's maturity and sensibility kicking in. You'll see how many more guys who are tired of constantly fixing their cars, will go 3rd and 4th Gen simple BPU++ swaps.

Are you talking about November next year for your trip?

Quick question about the harness. Did Doug do it for you that way, or did you do it yourself before plugging things together? I want to take mine out and go the same route (run braided sleeving all over with shrink wrapped or taped ends). I should have done it before putting the engine in. I want mine to look cleaner/neater than the way it is now. I will do that over the Christmas break.

CSAlltrac

GT4times2":2n2f0in8 said:
CSAlltrac":2n2f0in8 said:

Looking great!! Clean as expected.
Thank you sir, Im quite happy how its all coming together.
Are you getting old? I ask myself that question every time I turn wrenches and look at how my goals have changed for these Alltracs (not counting physical activities with my kids :oops: ). It's maturity and sensibility kicking in. You'll see how many more guys who are tired of constantly fixing their cars, will go 3rd and 4th Gen simple BPU++ swaps.
A reliable 250-280 sounds perfect to me, and with the Gen4 is more than doable.
Are you talking about November next year for your trip?
Yes, the meet is usually a weekend so I plan on leaving on a Tuesday night. This should put us into NC by the weekend easily. We plan on stopping off and seeing a lot of places and just enjoying the trip. Same thing on the way back.
Quick question about the harness. Did Doug do it for you that way, or did you do it yourself before plugging things together? I want to take mine out and go the same route (run braided sleeving all over with shrink wrapped or taped ends). I should have done it before putting the engine in. I want mine to look cleaner/neater than the way it is now. I will do that over the Christmas break.
I did add a few things but not much. Doug does a very good job.

GT4times2

3SDNA":63op50ux said:
Damn, that harness looks way cleaner than the one Doug sent me! He must like you more. :D

That's what I thought initially. Doug does great work. Very stock/factory look. Can't complain about his work, but this is much nicer and neater. The look I want.

Why did you not clock your turbo? Your gonna run a fmic anyways. Why not shorten your hot side pipe? Or with it being casted to the manifold can you not spin them?

Looks super clean!

CSAlltrac

Mr Alltrac":2zj8zh7c said:
Why did you not clock your turbo? Your gonna run a fmic anyways. Why not shorten your hot side pipe? Or with it being casted to the manifold can you not spin them?

Looks super clean!
You can clock them but just as with any Toyota turbo you have to make a WG/waterpipe bracket. Aint nobody got time for that!

Oh ok. Would the brackets from a ct20 work? Klue made some, do you think they would fit or no?

Asking cause I'm leaning more toward the 4th gen swap everyday haha.

760gt4

I say you take the time to make a bracket to clock the turbo. Makes it look so much better without all the extra piping in my opinion.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1450318282767.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1450318282767.jpg
    640.1 KB · Views: 2,272
Are you still in austin?
If so can I make a drive over to take a ride in this when it's running? See if it's what I want to do with my alltrac.

CSAlltrac

Mr Alltrac":23kf9bcq said:
Are you still in austin?
If so can I make a drive over to take a ride in this when it's running? See if it's what I want to do with my alltrac.
I am in Austin still, youre welcome to come by anytime. Have we met already?

Nope, I live over in lubbock. So about 5 hours away, I have just kept up with this build since I pretty much picked up my alltrac.