New turbo

Toyotaguy

Ok well after installing an aftermarket boost gauge I see I'm only boasting 5lbs so I do some digging fixing all boost leaks still 5lbs searching further I have a crack in my turbo right beside my flap for the waste gate so with that being said. What the best place to find a replacement or a good cost effective aftermarket upgrade. Not liking for crazy power it just a fun driver.

GT4_DRED

Toyotaguy":zhp5y816 said:
Ok well after installing an aftermarket boost gauge I see I'm only boasting 5lbs so I do some digging fixing all boost leaks still 5lbs searching further I have a crack in my turbo right beside my flap for the waste gate so with that being said. What the best place to find a replacement or a good cost effective aftermarket upgrade. Not liking for crazy power it just a fun driver.
assuming this is on a 165, you can go 3rd gen ct20 or get the crack welded and sanded back down.

If welded correctly, it should have no problem holding. Most people would just run over the Crack with a bead then sand it down. DON'T DO THIS! That's pretty much just putting a band aid on it which will eventually re crack. You will need to grind out or cut into the Crack to open it up a little so you can get better penetration. Hopefully you know a welder or a friend that can do it for cheap. If not I would try to source a ct20b from an st205 and get a little more performance from the bigger turbo.

alltracman78

If you're going to get a CT20b you also need to get the twin entry manifold or you're going to hurt power, not help it.

The Supra CT26 exhaust housing will work much better with your manifold.
The entire turbo is an upgrade for you; but you'll need to clock the compressor housing and make a bracket to mount the wastegate actuator to the compressor housing.