How much can it handle?

PhantomGT4

I am just curious as to how much power the gen2 3SGTE stock internals can handle? 300hp constant? 350? 400? At what power point would the internals need to be changed before you blow something?

aus jd 2703

I just lunched a set of gen 3 pistons at 260awhp..... with a haltech and GTX2867. that's hard track use but.
a street car is a lot more forgiving, it really depends on your tuner and how good he is with the ecu.

but on stock pistons and stock ecu I really think 230awhp is the limit maybe a little less on a gen 2.
change pistons, head gasket, head studs ecu and turbo then I think on the street 350 is reliable.

PhantomGT4

My eventual goal is 450awhp with constant abuse and reliability for both track and street use. I think thats a great solid amount of power for the car to dust just about anything I see locally, and be a great machine on the track.

From my knowledge, The 3SGTE uses H beam style rods, and those can handle well over 230awhp.... 300awhp should be just fine with them.

aus jd 2703

No their closer to an I beam. But yeah they are good for about 500hp with arp bolts.

450ho at the wheels. Hmmmm 10k on the cheap I think.
Wheels coilovers brakes and tires will run you $4-6k alone.
And imo tracking a GT Four on stock brakes is a waste of time. U will cook them. And if you don't. Your not trying hard enough!!