Relay clicking noise, won't start

Twincam.22

Hi guys,

Tried to bring my celiac (92 gt4 Carlos Sainz) out for a spin today and it started to die after about 10 secs no matter what I did.

Thought was low on fuel so filled it up.

Tried again and same problem died on me after starting.
Now when I turn on ignition I am getting a whole load of clicking noise from behind the engine around the inlet manifold and engine will turn over but will not start.

Everything was A1 before today I only had it out 2 weeks ago and ran perfect....

Any ideas?..I'm thinking fuel pump connection maybe?

Twincam.22

This evening I noticed the engine light is not coming on with ignition on I checked the fuses and all seem good.
When I check the main Ecu relay I can see it switches when ignition is on so that seems fine. Pretty stumped here now on what else to check...any ideas?

Also crossed the pins to check fuel pump and I can hear the fuel flushing back so that's ruled out....

underscore

If the CEL isn't coming on I'd correct that first, if you can pull any codes from it that'll help you a lot. Stupid questions first have you checked the bulb?

If it is turning over and not firing and you have fuel, then it is no spark!

A clicking noise may be a broken igniter wire or wire to/from the coil, grounding on something it should not be!

Could also be a cracked dizzy cap, jumping outside of the case and grounding on the engine.

Also as a first rule.... DO NOT ASSUME THAT BECAUSE A FUSE "LOOKS OKAY", that it is good!

Replace with a new one anyway!

That is the only way to be sure!

I learnt that the hard way!

underscore

^ and the second rule is that just because something is new, does not guarantee it is working. Parts are DOA all the time.

underscore

Good call, the caps in our car are getting to be that age. Maybe I should replace the ones in my spare ECU now so I have a nice solid spare for when they start going in the car.