machine shop, 5s block weak

So I called a machine shop today to ask about getting a block ready. I was asking about resleeving the 5S block since I have a 87 millimeter pistons. While describing what I was doing the guy was looking it up and he showed the 5S as having weak cylinder walls and said that would be why I couldn't find a aftermarket piston that are oversize sizes. He suggests I stay with my 3s block but he was concerned about boring it out to 87 millimeter I already have the je Pistons. And then another shop they suggested coating a wall and the Pistons and leaving the stock cylinders. what has everybody else done when building a 5SGTE?

Thanks guys

MWP

Where is he getting his info from?

The experience that others have had with the +98 5S blocks says otherwise... that they are stronger and more reliable than any of the 3S blocks.
Forged 5S pistons for 5S-GTE builds are easy to find :?

ChrisD

MWP":23564v68 said:
Where is he getting his info from?

The experience that others have had with the +98 5S blocks says otherwise... that they are stronger and more reliable than any of the 3S blocks.
Forged 5S pistons for 5S-GTE builds are easy to find :?

+1

5S is much stronger. Use it. To be fair he probably is just taking a guess based on what is in front of him. I doubt he sees them very often if ever. Don't bore your 3S block out, use the 5S!

I'm running 87.5mm ATS/Wiseco pistons on my 5S.