Open rear diff

mmg

Hello, I am looking for an open (no LSD, no Torsen) rear diff or more precisely just the output flanges from an open diff
The reason is I bought a clutch-type LSD that only replaces the open diff but does not fit the Torsen diff output flanges
The open diff flanges have a spline pattern slightly different from Torsen flanges
Can offer a Torsen rear diff in exchange or cash.
pm if got an offer, thanks

So if I am reading this correctly your saying the st 165 has a different spline than a 185 or 205 and that the LSD fits the spines of a 165?

I have a 165 that I am building. Currently restoring the rusted out body and they engine is in the machine shop. Where can one get a LSD for the car? Ive been debating just welding up the rear.

mmg

Hi, I am a local dealer of Gripper LSD
http://www.gripperlsd.com/gripper.html
They made 5 Alltrac units for me to special order
Sold 3, still got 2 uints
1 is to go to my car, so 1 left for sale still
LSD is cheaply servicable as crosspin, planet gears and plates are unified with all other Gripper models and they are cheap
Plates are 8GBP/pcs
We sent an open diff as a sample by mistake so the result is we got an LSD that only fits open diff
The splines look almost identical but they are not
Alternatively I can sell both LSDs that are I got left and will then order another batch redesigned for the Torsen spline pattern

mmg

Aprox 900USD
I never shipped outside Europe so don't know if there is a tax to add to that nor the shipping cost to USA.
Can find out if this sounds attractive

celica_lsd.jpg

mmg

Anyway, I am after open diff output flanges as I am stuck with an LSD that only fits the open diff splines
The Torsen output flange is same length but splines differ
I can offer a full Torsen rear diff as a replacement for just the output flanges
I need at least one set to fit the LSD in my ST185 that has a Torsen at the moment
Purchsing 2 sets would allow me to sell the last unit + flanges as a set to fit ST185/205 as well
Thanks!

mx6er2587 said:
That's like 600 bucks cheaper than a cusco diff. Seems like a reasonable price to me.

I had no clue it would be that high. I'll probably have a mini spool made rather than welding the gears. Sorry op last post for me. At least we are creating enough post to spike peoples curiosity.

mmg

Just noticed there is a spare bellville washer (spring plate) dropped over the LSD on picture, this part is not needed nor does come with the set.. I got many spares for Gripper LSDs lying virtually everywhere LOL

mmg

GT4_DRED":3jk1wsqe said:
mmg":3jk1wsqe said:
Hi, I am a local dealer of Gripper LSD
Given their advertisement of building compact units, have you considered using them for a front LSD solution for our cars?

I got a spare transfer case I can send to Gripper LSD as a sample but I am afraid the quote can be high..
Anyway this is first thing to do when I finish rebuilding the engine on my Celica if nothing else comes around.
I noticed there is a thread on Kaaz front/center combo coming here? viewtopic.php?f=43&t=51064&p=477121&hilit=front+lsd#p477121