post your car

Brad.Miller

I agree after looking at the pictures I will be making a few adjustments this weekend. I am running Tein's so should be a quick fix.

Brad.Miller

The wheels are 17x9 with a offset of 38mm. The tires are 235x35x17. I am running a 25mm spacer in the rear and a 5mm in the front.

Brad.Miller

Thanks again,

The Pearl Blue seems to be rare, does anyone know how I can find out how many were painted Blue?

I would like to know if I truly have a unicorn.............. Any thought?? :D

Thx,
Brad

GT4times2

Brad.Miller":6khid5um said:
Thanks again,

The Pearl Blue seems to be rare, does anyone know how I can find out how many were painted Blue?

I would like to know if I truly have a unicorn.............. Any thought?? :D

Thx,
Brad

There were a few of them made. I'm not sure where you can find the info, but there have been a few guys on this forum that have had blue ST185s through the years.

bluescapegoat

tingfrompradu":1bf4z25k said:
That's my old car. Glad to hear/see that you're making some headway and that you're gonna be posting updates on here.

It makes me sad that I didn't have the money/time/patience to do with it what I wish I could've, but I'm glad to see that someone else is doing that. Hope it goes as smoothly as it can, and please keep us updated on the progress!

tingfrompradu, holy shit.

Poor time to buy a car maybe. My life had been absolutely insane since my last post in August.

I don't even remember what I did to it specifically... a lot of little stuff trying to get the car to run right, but I was limited by mandatorily working 84 hours a week at my job. Swapped ECU and it did nothing. Brought some super smart electrical automotive guys over to look at it and no real consensus. Rebuilt the distributor and the last helpful advice I had was to replace the distributor entirely, but...

Then I got a life changing government job offer I just couldn't refuse and had to attend training in Oklahoma for 4 months. And now I've been assigned to work in... Minneapolis.

I'll be loading it onto a trailer behind the U-Haul and towing the bitch back to it's home town (Lakeville, specifically) next weekend.

At least the new job should afford me to do the build I want... full resto and I'd like 350-400 to the wheels.

Also, this video is badass if nobody's seen it, Wisconsin plates right next door but haven't looked into who or where at all yet:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/wwueTgYcS-Y

Time will tell what happens to this car. All in all my move just a couple states away is going to cost over $10k but I just don't want to let go of this car. I fell in love with this runt while pulling it through downtown Chicago a year ago.

Honestly dude, that bums me out that it's been a pain in your ass too, even after—what it sounds like, anyway—you've put way more effort than I was able to into trying to figure out what's wrong with it!

Really cool, though, that you're bringing it back here! Keep posting updates on here if you can, and maybe some day once you've got her where you're hoping, I could come see the ol' gal again.

bluescapegoat

tingfrompradu":2p3lgbna said:
Honestly dude, that bums me out that it's been a pain in your ass too, even after—what it sounds like, anyway—you've put way more effort than I was able to into trying to figure out what's wrong with it!

Really cool, though, that you're bringing it back here! Keep posting updates on here if you can, and maybe some day once you've got her where you're hoping, I could come see the ol' gal again.

Hey it's exactly what I was looking for, a project. I'm completely self-taught, I've been a Jeep guy since I was a kid and needed something new to learn. Always loved these cars since my ST184.

I just started working on it again this week, finally got it MN tagged and took it for a spin down 35 today.

Ran like a top. Hit redline in 4th, pulled strong (though not very fast, running stock ECU.) Then coming off the ramp at 210th the #4 cylinder stopped firing again. Pulled off, jiggled the wiring around the igniter and it fired back up running on all 4.

So I have done the basic stuff plus a couple things... I'm sure I forgot some stuff
Plugs/Wires/Cap/Rotor
Drained old fuel
Oil change
Fuel filter
valve cover gasket
Knock sensor
Some crazy overkill wiring to properly ground the knock sensor
Injectors cleaned by WitchHunter plus all new isolators/o-rings
checked timing
checked compression
extended clutch slave pushrod (better but still not fixed)
Swapped ATS tuned ECU for stock
Checked continuity between ecu and injectors... all good.
Checked resistance at injectors and injector resistor pack... all good.
Removed EVAP stuffs
When was running on 3 cylinders previously, witnessed the #4 injector not firing with noid light.
Jiggle wiring around distributor/igniter and it starts running on all 4 again.
Throwing no codes whatsoever.
Sounds like it might need intake manifold gaskets or has a vacuum leak around the TVIS somewhere. A spurt of throttle body cleaner revs it up.

A guy in the UK is sending me a new ignitor and injector resistor pack just so I can rule those out.

Also just placed an order for some new pads and rotors and an entirely new distributor.

A few cosmetic things just for the hell of it as well, JDM front signals and clear bumper signals to match. Have a set of 92-93 tail lights with vented corners to install along with some molded splash guards and Cibie period fog lights. Shaved the badges since the AllTrac badge was missing off the rear anyway. I think I'll pull the tint off the windows this weekend and try to temporarily rig up the exhaust.

I checked out the MN Autocross this past weekend up at Canterbury park and I'd love to run one event by the end of the year.

I'll definitely hit you up once I've got it running right reliably. Feel free to PM me your email or phone number so I can get in touch.

Here's the "ol' gal" at her new home in Lakeville. That name just might stick

IMAG0942_zpsvykcqdto.jpg

Kuwabara

Hey there ! My ST182 From Russia with love ;)
Specs:
3gen 3SGE, Custom exaust,
Largus Fulltap Coilovers,
17x9j +20 et PDW 945 with 255/40/17 Rubber,
60mm cutted overfenders, Toyota MR-2 SW20 BOMEX rear spoiler

d227f898885b.jpg

806b6ec414b2.jpg

00d16db89a0d.jpg

4e54dfd035a6.jpg

6e9f2b0d88ad.jpg

CMS-GT4

Thanks. How do you have them mounted? I considered these a while ago, but I was unsure of they would fit.