3rd 3sgte swap in st185

819_ay

Soo I've search far and beyond into the interweb to find how to swap a 3rd gen 3sgte into a st185, using the 3rd gen harness... All I can find is use the 2nd Gen harness its easier... But I do not have a 2nd Gen harness available... Would some please help me lol, I'm probably going to be doing this sometime in the next couple of months, just trying to plan ahead thanks in advance

Sent from my LG-D852G using Tapatalk

ChrisD

Usually you would start with your original harness as your base, then add in the extra systems or terminate new plugs for the new motor as required. The trouble with using the 3rd gen, is all of the body connections and your fuse box will not be compatible. Makes it more complicated. If you can find a 185 harness your life will be easier!

819_ay

So basically the problem is using the st185 body harness plug on the 3rd gen ecu? Right?

819_ay

Aright thanks... I will look into it, I know it can be done using the 3rd gen harness, I just can't find any info on doing it, I know someone near me that can supposedly do it lol, but he wants to charge me to do it, and I don't want to pay someone to do something I can do lol... Looking for some sort of direction,

819_ay

Soo can anybody give me some direction on using the 3rd gen harness? I think I found a forum on gt4oc but I need to be a paying member to read it...

Smaay

Yeah the problem is the 5th gen uses connector IG1 and IG2 which take signals to the gauge and then back into the ECU via 3rd ECU plug. on the 6th gen harness (ST205) all 3 ECU plugs are on the engine harness and the gauge signals go through body connectors II1 and II2 and IJ1. If you have the 185 harness it will be much easier. otherwise you need to source the IG1 and IG2 connectors and re-pin them yourself