KAAZ Front/Center LSD combo. SERIOUS FEELER!!!

athousandleaves

mike@td.co.uk":1zbts2a2 said:
We have secured an exclusive deal with Quaife Engineering over here in the UK and we have a limited batch of Quaife ATB Front & Centre LSD differentials being manufactured at present :D . These will be a DIRECT FIT front/centre replacement and will feature a Quaife lifetime warranty like all of their other ATB units. Will can also supply Genuine diff bearings to go with them if needed. Anyone who hasn't had the pleasure of driving with a Quaife ATB, these things are a fantastic piece of kit. Strong, built to last, low maintenance and silent in operation.

These are due to be completed in late March/Early April 2016. I will post up pictures and so on once I have the units in stock, and from that point we can look to sort out any payments and shipping for anyone who is interested and i'll get a proper thread put together.

Costwise, initially looking to cost you guys over in the USA circa $3000USD plus shipping from the UK. Circa £2000GBP (plus VAT if you're in the EU).
Many Thanks

Mike

At time of post £2000=$2655USD=$3440CAD

kevzep

In reality, any performance part for a car, especially made by a company like Quaife in a limited production run is going to be expensive.
I think its a little pricey, but when you look at the other options available, is it really that expensive...?
Personally, I wouldn't put a front LSD into a road car, it doesn't offer any real advantage at all, and it will wear your front tyres a lot quicker...The standard GT4 setup is absolutely fine for a road car, when I was running an ST205 as a road car, it was fairly standard, and I certainly enjoyed driving it..

Food for thought..

I've all but given up on KAAZ as well. The US rep has said mist recently that it's been tabled a few times but has neither been approved or denied... after what 6,7,8 months?? I'll keep communication open but have no expectation it will happen. I will be purchasing at least one Quaife either way... Props to Mike for his efforts and making Quaife a legitimate option for us GT4 folks.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

CMS-GT4

Will this quaife be available again? The price seems fair to me. Many quaife front cost 1-1500usd alone.

kevzep

CMS-GT4":3dhccety said:
Will this quaife be available again? The price seems fair to me. Many quaife front cost 1-1500usd alone.

What do you mean 1-1500usd alone? It is the front diff only, no centre, I think its actually really expensive....We have come up with something here in NZ which I will share once we have things finalized....

CMS-GT4

In his quote above. He says front/center replacement. Quaife front lsd's typically cost 1-1.5k usd. So if this is a front center combo, I think the price would be fair. If you did find something as good and for less, I am of course very open to that as my budget is spent and now I am having to work towards my lsd goals for autox.

athousandleaves

kevzep":92xhqv12 said:
Personally, I wouldn't put a front LSD into a road car, it doesn't offer any real advantage at all, and it will wear your front tyres a lot quicker...

Are you sure about that?
(Especially in regard to the ATB/torsen style of diff we're discussing)

kevzep

CMS-GT4":3b05arsx said:
In his quote above. He says front/center replacement. Quaife front lsd's typically cost 1-1.5k usd. So if this is a front center combo, I think the price would be fair. If you did find something as good and for less, I am of course very open to that as my budget is spent and now I am having to work towards my lsd goals for autox.

Oh where does he say that? That picture and his text only says the front, maybe I missed something....?

If that price included both front and centre, that would be a good price.

Once we have our project sorted, we will be looking for interested parties...

kevzep

athousandleaves":1lxw9vpj said:
kevzep":1lxw9vpj said:
Personally, I wouldn't put a front LSD into a road car, it doesn't offer any real advantage at all, and it will wear your front tyres a lot quicker...

Are you sure about that?
(Especially in regard to the ATB/torsen style of diff we're discussing)

Yes, 100% sure, fro example, a friend of mine runs a Suzuki Swift Sport, has a close ratio transmission and Quaife ATB diff, since he has put that in, he is chewing through front tyres at a great rate.

At normal road driving speeds within the law there is no real advantage, but if you push it then the benefits become obvious.

Any diff which limits the differential speed between the two driving wheels, will wear the tyres more than an open diff.

I agree with the tire wear but disagree with the lack of an advantage... especially up here in the northeast.

kevzep

eric thompson":23ogwydr said:
I agree with the tire wear but disagree with the lack of an advantage... especially up here in the northeast.

Ah, yes, good point, I didn't think of that....We don't have those type of conditions here so I wasn't thinking of that scenario.

CMS-GT4

kevzep":3iai20wc said:
Oh where does he say that? That picture and his text only says the front, maybe I missed something....?

In the line I bolded in this quote.

mike@td.co.uk":3iai20wc said:
We have secured an exclusive deal with Quaife Engineering over here in the UK and we have a limited batch of Quaife ATB Front & Centre LSD differentials being manufactured at present :D . These will be a DIRECT FIT front/centre replacement and will feature a Quaife lifetime warranty like all of their other ATB units. Will can also supply Genuine diff bearings to go with them if needed. Anyone who hasn't had the pleasure of driving with a Quaife ATB, these things are a fantastic piece of kit. Strong, built to last, low maintenance and silent in operation.

These are due to be completed in late March/Early April 2016. I will post up pictures and so on once I have the units in stock, and from that point we can look to sort out any payments and shipping for anyone who is interested and i'll get a proper thread put together.

Costwise, initially looking to cost you guys over in the USA circa $3000USD plus shipping from the UK. Circa £2000GBP (plus VAT if you're in the EU).
Many Thanks

Mike

It's based on interpretation.... the vehicles will still use the Viscous coupling but that technically isn't the center diff.... the front and center are actually two units in one as the center gets power from the output shaft and distributes it front and rear... that's my understanding and interpretation

kevzep

Thanks for the clarification, its a bit confusing with the post where he has the picture of the front, and says its the front....
I just assumed that was what we were getting.
Anyway, that's good news, I have sent a message last week to find out more about it all, but haven't heard anything yet..
Might give him another message...

CMS-GT4":141bd1db said:
kevzep":141bd1db said:

In the line I bolded in this quote.

mike@td.co.uk":141bd1db said:

Many Thanks

Mike

kevzep

eric thompson":1xs0pds9 said:
It's based on interpretation.... the vehicles will still use the Viscous coupling but that technically isn't the center diff.... the front and center are actually two units in one as the center gets power from the output shaft and distributes it front and rear... that's my understanding and interpretation

Yes thats right Eric, the viscous coupling is not actually the front diff, the centre spider gears are in the front housing along with the front diff...
This is part of what makes it all a bit difficult to design and build something economically....but looks like quaife have done it...

kevzep

eric thompson":tj8lcvas said:

Oh really, that's a bummer, would be much better if it didn't use that, well, better for my situation at least.....

mike@td.co.uk

For anyone who is uncertain and to clear anything up, this unit still requires the use of the viscous coupling.

The unit is the front and center replacement, as per the stock unit setup of two diffs together, yet these parts now both feature Quaifes ATB technology.

It is an absolute work of art. We have the first paid units heading out the door this week across the globe :)

Thanks

Mike