Power window auto up

LvX

Hi all,
i'm trying to get the auto up of the driver window working in my st185, after disassembling the button housing it seems clear that the auto up is available but just blocked.

here a few picture:
IMG_3450_1.jpg

as you can see in the bottom contact there is a blocking piece of plastic, i've removed it with a cutter

then to have the button make the "double click" , you should trim the plastic with a little rasp here:

IMG_3453_1.jpg

then you need to add two diode:

IMG_3456.jpg

ah, and while there you could change the green led for a nice blue one, it' s a normal 3mm one.

underscore

Is there a way to disable it? If I remove the diodes will it stop doing it? My car has this and it drives me nuts. I want to see if I can make the passenger window auto down though.

LvX

definitely removing the diodes will stop it, but why?
it does a double click if you don't push it too far it will not go auto..

as for the passenger side there is no way of doing it it miss the relais.

underscore

I hate it, I'm not sure what was done in my car but it's damn near impossible to have the window at anything other than fully open or fully closed. If I want it open partway I have to look like an idiot with my window flying in different directions until I get lucky and it just stops the movement instead of changing the direction.

LvX

It should have a double position, first it goes up and down freely than if you press it further there is a second click and it goes auto. It seems that you miss some spring in yours, anyway you can totally remove the auto feature desoldering one wire of the solenoid from the board.

underscore

LvX":1hx8httl said:
It should have a double position, first it goes up and down freely than if you press it further there is a second click and it goes auto. It seems that you miss some spring in yours, anyway you can totally remove the auto feature desoldering one wire of the solenoid from the board.

Good to know, I'll pop it apart and see if somethings amiss.

FC Zach

I just did this modification to a spare switch of mine. Not knowing what size diode to buy I just recycled some from a scrap computer.

These visually looked the same, maybe slightly smaller. . what's the worst that could happen if not the proper size? ?
37701578366_68900920fe_z.jpg

LvX

any diode will work except a zener, the current is really low beacause it only triggers the relay

FC Zach

Well. . It didn't work and smoked on top of that. I did exactly what was written above. Maybe I used the incorrect diodes? Either way, I don't think I'll be risking another switch.

FC Zach

What I've seen so far. There could be an underlying issue that caused these. I'd be willing to try again but on a spare. Next time I'll use new diodes.

Burnt tracer:
37095918153_4c80501414_z.jpg

Overheated/Cracked thingamajig:
23912760298_dfd8ae6048_z.jpg

LvX

i think the problem is the diode you used, change them to black ones (normally the zeners are all made of glass) if you have it and repair the track with a bit of solder.
you can avoid burning another time by measuring resistance with a multimeter between the power pins or by placing a bulb in series with the power supply and checking if it light up.

FC Zach

LvX":2zcge358 said:
any diode will work except a zener. .

i think the problem is the diode you used, change them to black ones (normally the zeners are all made of glass) if you have it. .

I'm confused. . what did you use? Isn't that what you have pictured?
then you need to add two diode:
37077384264_3c3e29ef40_z.jpg