Lurker looking to sell a 3SGTE ST215

Sebastian777

In Cincinnati area.
Bought this 3SGTE Engine ST215 that came with an Auto ECU from JDMMidwest last November. Decided to go a different route. Paid $1200 asking $1100 or best offer. Need to sell to fund rest of the project. Engine was mounted in car at one point but never hooked up. Now sits wrapped and ready to go. Comes with wiring harness and ECU. Guaranteed to have less that 60k miles on it.
Looking for someone to pick up, any shipping arrangements must be made by the buyer.

pintoBC_3sgte

buffalohunter7321":2w7j6b8p said:
I live in Dayton and could be interested in this if it could be put in a 88 Celica All-Trac!!!

Best to e-mail me at jackandmelodie@hotmail.com or give me a call @ 937-231-9742.

It should work in your trac. You would need to run a fmic on it tho as you don't have a hood scoop and your wiring harness would have to be sent off or if you are good with wiring, you can do it yourself and merge the two. Sending it out with your current harness to Doug at wire gap would be a lot less of a headache tho. And while the engine it out, a re seal of it wouldn't be the worst idea.

I would need the engine harness and I don't think the owner has it or will sell it. I talked to the owner and I believe we could do a deal for the engine ,but could not do the deal unless I could get a harness to send off for modifying.
Does any one know where a harness could be purchased?

Sebastian777

I have the engine wiring harness and the ECU (automatic), those come with the engine. It's my understanding that it must be mated with your chassis wiring harness from your car.

Sebastian777

Let me know. Like I said, I have a little wiggle room on price as I need to sell this (and other extra parts) to fund the rest of my project.

Things to research or ask an expert:
How well does an automatic ECU work on a manual transmission? Can it simply be tuned for it?

Can this engine be wired into your current ECU?

pintoBC_3sgte

Sebastian777":312vy5xr said:
Let me know. Like I said, I have a little wiggle room on price as I need to sell this (and other extra parts) to fund the rest of my project.

Things to research or ask an expert:
How well does an automatic ECU work on a manual transmission? Can it simply be tuned for it?

Can this engine be wired into your current ECU?

Auto ecu works fine. No need for tuning since you will use the st215 ecu. There is a ton of info out there for this swap.

Don't want to jump this thread, but if you have 0ne and I have two than that make's three,BUT I also have a st185, so that would be four trac's, one being a St185!!!!!

I feel that I should say that I passed on the engine because I thought it over and decided that it would be better for me to just rebuild my stock engine.

I did not find the engine to be any thing but what the owner said it was. I believe this to be a good deal for some one who would be interested in doing a swap or just replacing a engine.

My thanks to the owner for allowing me to come down and see it. Sorry for changing my mind and hope the engine sells fast for you.
Jack